Skin Biology    healthyskin.infopop.cc    SKIN BIOLOGY OFFICIAL CHAT FORUM | Free Skin Consultation 1-800-405-1912  Hop To Forum Categories  Products  Hop To Forums  Hair    Metallic Taste from Copper/Tin peptides?

Moderators: Rosy

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Metallic Taste from Copper/Tin peptides? Login/Join

<MareBear>
posted   Report This Post  
Hi,

I'm new to the board and just want to thank everyone for the wealth of information provided here.

I'm a 50yr old female and have been using 2% Minoxidil for about 2 years and have been supplementing with Saw Palmetto to combat hair loss associated with post menopausal androgenetic alopecia. In addition, I supplement with a number of antioxidants. I've had good success with the Minoxidil and have never experienced any side effects with the exception of an itchy scalp for the first week that I used it.

I thought I'd see if copper peptides could improve upon my initial hair regrowth success (in addition to reversing those darned grey hairs that have been popping up). I've been using/alternating Folligen, Hair Signals, and Folligen for Blonds. While the jury is out as far as my hair is concerned (I've only been using the SB products for a few weeks), I love what the copper peptides, as well as the LacSal does for my skin!

The only side effect I've noticed since using the SB products is a metallic taste, especially when drinking my "poison of choice" - diet cola. I've been trying to kick my diet soda addiction for some time so this is actually a good thing because it makes me not want to drink it, but it's just so weird!?!

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this, and if this is related to the copper and/or tin peptides? I haven't changed my supplement regimen, so it seems to be something with the skin care or hair care change.

Thanks so much!
Mary
<MareBear>
Since posting the above, I ran across an October '10 post from Dr. Pickart listing a number of possible causes of metallic taste. I am not taking any prescription drugs and visit the dentist every six months Big Grin, so I may have some other problem and it's just coincidental that the problem arose when I started using the CPs.

Thanks in advance for any feedback or advise.
Mary
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear MareBear:

Thanks for posting - We're sure that others will post their own experiences, but the thread you referred to from Dr. Pickart can be found at: https://healthyskin.infopop.cc/...=126109707#126109707

Other than that we haven't really had reports from clients noticing a change in their sense of taste.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
<MareBear>
Thank you for the links with additional info!
<MareBear>
I thought I'd follow up to my original post on the problem with metallic taste. I backed off on my application of SB hair products to every other night. I'm happy to report that the metallic taste has disappeared! Apparently I was overdoing it a bit!