Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
CHEAP Vichy With EXCELLENT UVA Protection! Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Hi all,

For those searching for good sunscreens that won't bankrupt you, I found a new milk-gel one from Vichy. It's the Capital Soleil Extreme Milk or something similar to that at www.physea.com It's only about $16 USD for 100 or 125 ml. The chemicals in this one are NOT estrogenic except for 1 UVB filter and there are NO parabens in it, woo hoo. PPD (UVA protection factor) is 28!

For non-breakout prone, this seems to be okay for the face, but I bought it for arms, hands, etc.

They also sell Anthelios XL fluide for $23/tube, which is a great price.

Shipping is free if you buy about $70 worth of stuff. It comes from Europe, so they estimate 2 weeks for shipping, but I thought the prices were worth it. I bought 2 of each sunsceen listed above, so I got free shipping and it should last me a long time. Smiler

For the impatient folks out there, I also found a U.S. retailer selling Vichy Capital Soleil Milk PPD 20 for only $23.

Kathleen

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Thanks for the info on that Kathleen! I am using Vichy SPF 60 right now and like it very much. I'd like to try the Anthelios next, but darn it's expensive!

KathyC Smiler
Picture of Lilu
Awesome! I'm going to Hawaii in July and will need some heavy duty sun protection for my blindingly white body that's not too costly. Thanks. Smiler
Kathy C,

I finally got around to checking out those Vichy ingredients and I think you are fine with Vichy! Smiler They even have an Anthelios Fluide XL knock off, but the PPD was 20 instead of 28.

The new Vichy Etreme Gel-Gream says it's non-comedogenic and it's a great price with a PPD of 28, so I say for you, the heck with Anthelios and just pust this new stuff on your face if you want a higher PPD. (Unless the Vichy SPF 60 you have has a PPD of 28 as well; I didn't check that.)

But I am SO impressed with the Vichy products! Many are fragrance and preservative free and even the SPF Spray (PPD of 16 I believe) looks good for my chest (afraid the gel-cream may make it break out, but hopefully not.)

If I didn't have melasma, I would even try the spray on my face as it's very, very light and PPD 16 is actually quite decent.

Lilu,

Have fun on your trip! But if you are really wanting to save, I was told that Canadian Ombrelles are not bad either for the money. I just thought the Vichy ingredients were exceptional for the money.

Kathleen

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,