Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Self-Tanners and CPs? Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Anyone try combining self-tanners with CPs? I asked this question on the Skin Bio Question area as well. I haven't used a sunscreen for years, and the last time I used a self-tanner was 7 years ago or so and they seemed orangey. I'm also wondering if the self-tanners are toxic to the skin? No sense in protecting from UV damage only to create some other damage.
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Hi Annie-

I asked this same question to SB, as well as Dianna Yvonne and they both said that self-tanners were fine to use. They said to wait to apply the self-tanner after the CP product was completely absorbed into the skin. I have tried this in the last week and had pretty good success. I've noticed though that the use of exfol and lactic acid does much to remove the self-tanner! I also have wondered about the chemicals in the tanners and while both SB and DY said there are chemicals, it was okay to use them. So...I do. I've experimented with Banana Boat's tanner and Loreal's---I prefer the Loreal medium-dark. I'm really trying to avoid the sun this year, but hate my pale skin, so we'll see how it goes! Let me know how your experimenting goes too!

sallie
Hi,

Does anyone know of any self-tanner that doesn't smell like suntan lotion? And that are not heavy?

Thanks
Laura
Hi - Last summer I used Estee Lauder Self Tanning Towelettes - they make one for your body and one for your face. I just started using them again this year and really like them a lot! The color is good, they don't make me smell funny/awful, and they're incredibly easy to apply! Smiler

Olivia
Thanx Olivia!