Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
'Tanning Drugs? Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
What does SKin Bio or others think about tanning drugs like Trisolaren and Melanotan II?

they seem safe, and a good way to enhance tanning with less sun.
<coffeeholic>
To BC, when I was in my twenties, I purchased some tanning pills from a man whose skin was a dark orange color. It was at a health food store so I figured they couldn't be that bad. They turned my skin a strange orange color, including my mucus membranes. Sorry for the TMI, but if something turns your mucus membranes orange you should probaly stop taking it. On top of the fact that I looked like a carrot! I know for a fact that the pills I was taking had a warning on the label of potential serious side effects involving either the liver or the kidneys. I have a solution for you. My favorite "fake tan" product is the new tanning lotion from Jergins. It comes in both lighter and darker shades,(don't bother with the lighter) and it doesn't streak at all. It comes in a lotion so you can rub it all over yourself before you go to bed and when you wake up in the morning you have a nice tan. The only negative is it will stain your sheets if you do it this way. I've tried lots of self-tanning products and this one is superior. PS. Do you want to be a carrot?
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I know little about them but if you can increase melanin production without sun damage, that is great.

Melanotan and Melanotan II are both synthetic versions of melanocyte stimulating hormone and seem the best.

I could not find much good information about Trisoralin.
Picture of BlueEyes
I dont think it would be much fun to be a carrot. I would much rather be a zucchini, but if you were to ask me why, I wouldnt be able to answer you.

~Brett~

"The caterpillar sheds his skin, to free the butterfly within...."
coffee and blueeyes you missed the boat on this one - there are not tanning pills, but drugs that stimulate production of melanin. totally different mode of action....
Picture of debb37
quote:
Melanotan and Melanotan II

are these available to the general public or are they to be prescribed by a physician?

I have very fair skin and would love to have a way to have some natural colour without sundamage....

deb
Picture of BlueEyes
I didnt realize that I was trying to catch a boat. Where was the boat going? Some place fun, I imagine, or else I wouldnt have been trying to catch it, right? Or am I wrong? Since I didnt realize that I was trying to catch this boat, then maybe theres a good chance that the boat went some place unfun? I dont know, but then again, thats quite obvious, isnt it? Or perhaps it isnt really obvious at all. Anyway, Im sure that if the boat was going to some place fun, then it must have been a place where carrots and zucchinis are free to intermingle with one another, without the threat of society looking down upon them. It would be even more fun if the carrots owned parrots, and the zucchinis wore bikinis. That would be lovely. If the boat was going there, then I am truly sorry that I missed it. However, if the boat was going to an unfun place, then I have no regrets. Coffee, you are free to join me in this exotic wonderland, if I can ever find a boat that will take us there. I promise not to have a mean sun that hurts people. Our sun will only give you hugs and tell you how special you are, and we can have a moon that tucks you in at night and kisses you on the cheek. You can come too, Debb. By the way, unfun is such a fun word. It really makes me happy. Im glad that I made it up. Or am I?

Good night, Moon!

~Brett~

"The caterpillar sheds his skin, to free the butterfly within...."
Picture of Zuzu's Petals
Can I come along, too? Cool

Zuzu

On ne voit pas qu'avec le coeur
<coffeeholic>
To Blue Eyes, I love it! I wanna go now!
Debb - they are currently not available in the US (Trisolaren is and is available by RX) - but you can order Melanotan II via the internet from Australia. Melanin also enhances sex drive and fat burning so this exogenouos melanin does the same - so it does alot of things that are good! lol

Down side - it makes freckles darker faster in some people