Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Sun protection for sun allergies/sun poisoning Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
I regularly get sun poisoning after moderate exposure to sunlight. Unfortunately, it is cumulative - I will get a light rash on the second day, and if I go in the sun at all on a third day, I have a bad rash all over my body, very itchy and I get chills, etc. as if I am having a bad allergic reaction. Benadryl helps but knocks me out, and once I've been sensitized, even a small exposure creates a big reaction.

I stay in the shade, wear sunblock... but need some advice as we are soon moving to Florida and I have young children who want to be active outdoors. What are the best sunscreens for UVA protection? I'm trying the new Neutragena Ultrasheer but I've heard about the product just approved in the US. Is it better for sun allergies?

Also, I am looking to buy sun protection clothing - is any one brand better than another?

Thanks!
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I wear sun precaution clothes when I am out in the sun for long periods of time. They work well.

I use Day Cover, then over it I use City Block 25 and then over that a mineral powder.

Hope this helps, Eileen