Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
What sunscreen should I use with my copper peptides? Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
I'm currently using Aloette's Cellular Day Defense but am unsure if I should continue with it. Sunscreen/blocks are difficult for me and can easily break me out. Any suggestions? Thanks Smiler

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Idelle Musiek,
Picture of Pirate Jenny
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Alba Botanica's "chemical free" (haha!) SPF 18 sunscreen is great, too. Titanium dioxide, only and you can get it at any healthfood store. Smells a little vanilla-y and has some good anti-inflamatory and antioxidant ingredients.
Jan Marini's sunscreen contains Micronized Titanium Dioxide. Isn't that supposed to be bad? Toxic? Please confirm..
Picture of Dr. Pickart
It depends how they do it. Usually they cover it with a plastic or organic molecule to reduce pastiness but this lets it slip into the skin.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Idelle Musiek,
Picture of Model_Dr
quote:
Originally posted by Pirate Jenny:
Alba Botanica's "chemical free" (haha!)

I Have contacted Avalon organics (sister brand of Alba Botanica) about their SPF and that is what they had to say:

Regarding the SPF protection in our lotions, all of our products with an SPF factor provide full spectrum coverage (UVA and UVB). See below regarding the SPF ingredients for Lavender Daily Moisture Lotion SPF 18 and the Vitamin C Moisture Plus Lotion with SPF 15.

Octinoxate

Derived from peru balsam, cocoa and cinnamon leaves. Formerly octyl methoxcycinnamate, new FDA name. Skin friendly sunscreen that provides optimum benefits and full spectrum protection against the damaging effects of sun exposure.

Oxybenzone

Skin friendly sunscreen which provides optimum benefits and full spectrum protection against the damaging effects of sun exposure.

Please let us know if you have any addition questions.

Sincerely,

The folks at Avalon

The Avalon Organics brand is much better I beleive. Either way neither Alba or Avalon has photo-stable SPF so it may be ok for every day use but not for outdoor activity. I use Vichy SPF 60 lotion without preservatives and It works great for both everyday use (I mix it with the Avalon Vit. C serum) and out door activities.