Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Day Cover, Titanium Dioxide users Login/Join

<Paula>
posted   Report This Post  
Yeah, I used to use the suntanning lotion at the tanning bed a couple years ago. I protect my face because I don't want melasma getting worse, as well as the premature aging.
<Paula>
Well, the more I read on the dangers of chemical ss and the benefits of some sun, the less I want to worry about overexposure except if in the direct sun for hours. We lived for ages under the sun and it's what our bodies are used to/need in some level.

For all I know, my chronically red/pink face, melasma, etc. are more from chemical ss (and improper diet) than actual sun. I will use Day Cover and the Suntanning Lotion.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Summerwave,
Picture of Di
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
But what about UVA damage. They say you can get that just by sitting near a window. It's the light. I wonder if the Day Cover with titanium dioxide is enough for daily exposer to sunlight. Confused?
I only use skinbios day cover now , I will wear a baseball cap also when out walking etc .

I agree with previous posters about heavy sunscreens becoming a nuisance (i.e Clinique Super City Block) and I feel for most occasions the Day Cover product will suffice .

I do believe we need some sunlight and I don't believe we have to be wearing sunscreen all the time , this is just a scam by sunscreen manufacturers to get people to buy their products !

Skinbiologys products and a good face exercise program will stand you in good stead .
<Paula>
Wow! Nice bod! Big Grin I notice you have new webpages up, it's great! I agree, we needed some eye candy for the ladies to enjoy... probably more women are using the products and visiting the website anyway. It's a very "skin friendly" site to begin with, in more ways than one! Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
Picture of stoney
"Sunshine, you are my sunshine".... Cool
This whole sunscreen thing drives me batty. I had been using sunscreen all over my body when I was bringing my kids to the pool even though I was sitting under an umbrella. All you hear is how bad the sun is and you should use spf everyday. How even the light coming in windows is bad etc etc. It's like they are just trying to scare you. Then I decided that it was just crazy. Human beings have been exposed to the sun forever and the fact that it helps a body produce vit. D has to mean that sun exposure is not bad for you. So now I will just use some protection on my face but not on my body. Even the protection that I use on my face I try to make sure it is more natural and not chemical.

I don't know what to do for my children though. They are out in the sun at the pool for hours. I have been using chemical sunscreen on them or else they would burn to a crisp. I have been in search of a good none chemical sunscreen for the body that won't break the bank. Any recommendations?

Ann
Picture of Dr. Pickart
Children burn very easily. The best is to use a mineral based sunblock on then.

But whether sun exposure really on children really makes much difference is questionable. I grew in an area on Minnesota that was 70% Norwegian-Americans with very light skin. All the kids spent summer outdoors then. They were always getting burned. But they did not wrinkle or show damaged skin. And at 18, the young women (all I really looked at) were just gorgeous. No bad skin. It may be that the high level of skin remodeling in young people protected their skin.

This area still has one of the longest lifespans in the USA.

<Paula>
I use Day Cover on face, and the Suntanning Lotion on neck, chest, arms, etc.

<Paula>
Agreed! Wink

<Paula>
quote:
Originally posted by Vatmark:
This whole sunscreen thing drives me batty. I had been using sunscreen all over my body when I was bringing my kids to the pool even though I was sitting under an umbrella. All you hear is how bad the sun is and you should use spf everyday. How even the light coming in windows is bad etc etc. It's like they are just trying to scare you. Then I decided that it was just crazy. Human beings have been exposed to the sun forever and the fact that it helps a body produce vit. D has to mean that sun exposure is not bad for you. So now I will just use some protection on my face but not on my body. Even the protection that I use on my face I try to make sure it is more natural and not chemical.

I don't know what to do for my children though. They are out in the sun at the pool for hours. I have been using chemical sunscreen on them or else they would burn to a crisp. I have been in search of a good none chemical sunscreen for the body that won't break the bank. Any recommendations?

Ann

I love SB's Day Cover and Suntanning Lotion. Well, I don't love the smell of the Lotion but I am used to it. I love how the products spread so easily and aren't hard to rub in like so many ss on the market. You know you are putting good things on your skin. If you want another suggestion for ss, Neutrogena makes one for sensitive skin. Blue Lizard makes one for babies and sensitive skin that is also non-chemical. That one is a bit hard to rub in but I think it's waterproof. Just some options for the kids. Both of these can be had at the drugstore or Wallyworld. Laughing

The whole ss thing used to drive me batty as well! You hear that you must cover up practically 24/7 and then there is worry about PPD, or how well the ss protects from pigmentation. There is also worry about which other chemical ss are in the mix because that could render the formula as unstable. Some buy their ss from overseas to get superior chemical formulas that arent available in the US yet. SB makes it all so simple! Big Grin All that worry about ss can't be good for the skin either ya know, haha.

Oh, another thing is, you can protect you skin from the sun from the inside out with getting your antioxidants from food and supplements.