Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
cp in body lotion Login/Join

<Paula>
posted   Report This Post  
I haven't posted in forever cause I've been so busy, but I'm still using cp's and I think I'm finally seeing results. I miss Debbie - if you're out there, I think of you everytime I take my vitamins, use my cp's, tan, and when I think of getting my navel pierced (don't have the xtra money now). I guess you can say you've been a big influence on me Smiler

So, I wonder, if you find a body lotion you like, couldn't you just dump a bottle of cp serum in there and mix it up, so you can have a lotion you really like with the benefit of cp? Or would that mess with the ph or chemistry of the cp? TIA Smiler
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Hi Summerwave!

Great question!..I'd like to know the answer to that myself.

Sadie Smiler
Summerwave,

You are a pure genius!! Smiler I can't believe I never thought of that. I don't think it would mess it up. I don't think the CPs are dependent on pH or anything, but Dr. Pickart would know. Surely he won't discourage us from buying more serums to dump into our fav body lotion!

I really wanted to use SkinBio body lotion. I also love my Aubrey body lotion and want to keep it! Smiler

I've also thought of adding 3% BHA to it as well for an exfoliating body lotion. Just think, exfoliating AND CPs! Of course, I'd really have to ask Dr. P's advice on that one, whether CPs are effective at a pH of 3.0. Since Skin Bio claims you can use their SRCP with acids, it seems it would be okay.

Kathleen

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Idelle Musiek,
<Paula>
Hey gals, If we get the "go ahead", I'm gonna try this. I wonder how much cp serum goes in a certain amount of body lotion though. Hopefully not the whole bottle of serum at once, or that will be too expensive (since body lotion gets used fast).

I like the skin bio. body lotion OK, but it's so expensive for how much I go through so fast, and I like a lotion with thinner consistency this time of year.

I've been using a lot of the Neutrogena visibly firm lotion with copper (Dr. B's old stuff, I guess) because it's cheaper and thinner.
Hey summerwave,

Why don't you post the question under "questions for skinbio" so we know if it's ok and how much to pour in.

I hear you on using the SB lotion up so fast and it is kind of expensive. A lotion I've fallen in love with lately is Jergen's Natural Glow. It's a fantastic moisturizer and it has a hint of sunless tanner in it. You're supposed to get a shade darker after a week of use, but its been alot quicker for me. I got the medium shade and I love the color!! It's so pretty.

Sadie Smiler
What a great idea Summerwave! I would love to try it too. A few questions that come to mind is the ratio of CP Serum (or Super CP Serum?) with lotion; also what lotions are compatible with copper peptides and what lotions have the clean ingredients we would want to accompany the copper peptides. I look forward to hearing what the Skin Bio team has to say about this!

KathyC

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Idelle Musiek,
Me, three! I am actually excited about this! I want to add 3% BHA to my body lotions as well. Finally, an all-in-product that I can use with ease of mind. Smiler

Kathleen
<Paula>
Yippee-kie-yay!!! Skin Bio said we can mix serum into our body lotions!

Dear Summerwave:
Yes - you can add the CP Serum to your Body Lotion. How many drops would be dependent on what consistency you'd like to achieve.
We'd recommend perhaps 1-2 drops per ounce. (i.e. For an 8oz bottle of Body Lotion = 8-16 drops of CP Serum, depending on how liquid you prefer your body lotion...Then shake well and perhaps refrigerate for 4-6 hours). The new/Free Body Perfume oil of your choice (a couple of drops) can be added for additional scent.
This is just a suggestion - Experiment around and see what you come up with.
Woo hoo!! I'm going to try it too! A question, though, should I use Super CP Serum or regular? What are you doing Summerwave?

KathyC
<Paula>
Kathy, I'm going to use the regular serum, at least to start.
One of the best ideas!!!!

-Esmé-
<Paula>
Has anyone tried this yet? I still haven't got around to it because I am using up a bottle of Neutrogena lotion.
Hi

this is a note that I read in SkinBio site from a CP user and that may be relevant to this discussion:

"I have been mixing 6oz of CP Serum, 4oz of TriReduction Cream, with 4oz of Jasmine Oil (I prefer to also have some Ylang Ylang)...I put it all in a blender 'til it is a beautiful light blue, then I pour it into a pump container that I have. I use it after every shower. I have the silkiest skin!...I am VERY happy with it."

I haven't tried it myself because it seems like a lot of CPs for a body lotion. But I am thinking of trying it in a smaller scale (like 1/4 of the amount).