New
Find
Notify
Tools
Neutrogena's Visibly Firm Body Lotion, question Deb :) Login/Join

<Paula>
posted   Report This Post  
Deb, or anyone who knows:

I've been using SB Body Lotion since Christmas and I love it. But, I was wondering if it would hurt to sometimes alternate with the Neutrogena copper body lotion? I know it's not as strong, but if I alternate using them, it would be OK?

My reason for wanting to do this is money, as the SB Body Lotions are so expensive since I go through a bottle in a month or less. In no way am I going to discontinue SB lotion or replace it with Neutrogena all the time. In fact, I am going to place an order for the SB Body Lotion today. But, just to save some money and keep copper on my skin, do you think it is acceptable to use Neutrogena's instead sometimes? I don't know how I'd alternate them exactly, just use Neutrogena some and SB some. Definitely use SB on the tanning days. Looking forward to your input Smiler
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I would think it's ok...it's a recomended product on the SB website...I like the body lotion myself, although not nearly as strong as the SB coppers.

http://reverseskinaging.com/moisturizer.html

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
<Paula>
Thanks, Connor! I went to that link you posted. This is good to know!
<Paula>
Connor, I also wanted to ask, do you use SB body lotion or only the Neutrogena?
I currently use the Neutrogena, but I would like to order the SB lotion...how does the SB lotion work for you Summerwave?
<Paula>
Hi, I've never used the Neutrogena one, so I can't compare. But, the SB body lotion moisturizes well and makes skin very soft. I just have the "regular" scent, I think it's lavender. It smells kinda like mint to me. The lotion isn't thick at all, it's kind of runny, but that makes it easy to spread.
Picture of Skin Biology
Sure Summerwave:

This should be just fine - Let us know how that works out for you. We're interested in how alternating the two would result.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Bio Team
<Paula>
I finally picked some up this week. It was around $10 for 8.5 oz. at the drugstore. It applies VERY smooth and goes a long way - must be because of the silicone? The downside of that is, it's not the most moisturizing product. The smell isn't that great either. I think Neutrogena took a scent from one of their sunscreens for this. It's kind of a sweet, woodsy smell. It lingers too. I will probably get used to it though, even though I don't like it right now.
I've been meaning to get my $.02 into this thread for ages, but I kept forgetting about it until tonight.

Although I love the SB Skin lotion, like Summer, I just can't afford it right now. If I win the lottery, however...look out! Wink

What I've been doing instead is just using CP serum on my skin. I get out of the shower, don't dry off, and put the CP serum on my wet skin. Six drops rubbed into my palms then blended on my arms, four drops for chest, five drops for torso, five for my back (what I can reach), six per thigh, etc. Pick your own number of drops. And I just spread it on like it was lotion.

Then, after I get done CP-ing my whole bod, while I'm still damp, I go over everything again with emu oil. The emu spreads easily from the remaining moisture. Then I let myself air dry, which takes maybe five minutes more, during which time I start whatever routine I'm using on my face (a.m. or p.m.). By the time I'm dry and ready to get dressed, the CP's and emu are all soaked in, and I'm soft and clean. Plus I've got a leg up on my face (only in English would that statement make any sense). I can tell a difference in the skin on my bod already from doing this. I do it in the morning and evening, at the same time I do my facial routines.

I go through quite a bit of CP serum this way--an ounce every couple of weeks is probably what it will come to, and maybe more when I up my application--but it's still cheaper than using the lotion. This is the only way I'm able to use CP's on my whole body at this point, even though, as I said, I really do like that SB lotion and if I had the money I wouldn't be using the serum except on my face.

I get my emu oil by the quart. But buying from these people in bulk is the only way I can now or will continue to be able to afford to treat my skin like this. It goes a looooong way, too. There's 32 oz in a quart, and I might use an ounce a week. That includes body, head (for my hair loss), face, and make-up removal. I haven't been doing it long enough to give a real good estimate of the amount I'm using for all this stuff, so the amount may be off a little.

Since I'm in this for the long haul, I've been looking for ways to maximize my $$. So far this is working pretty good.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,