Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
calypso convert Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
I've loved your CP serum and Folligen products for a few years now. But I have to admit, I always felt that the Calypso Oil/Pheremone section of the website really gave off a quacky/scammy feeling. (Largely because pheremones have been the realm of magazine backpage hucksters for a long time)

But this last order, I picked the Stealth Calypso Oil as my free sample, and I love it. My antisocial cat is suddenly in love with me. I've been getting compliments on the new fragrance left and right. I can't really speak to the pheremonal aspects of it, but it's just the nicest smelling, not over powering, NOT EXPENSIVE, scent I've ever used.

So thank you to the Skin Bio crew, you've managed to pleasantly surprise me once again. Smiler
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear ronnieb:

We're glad you're enjoying it! The real scientific research on pheromones is very interesting, isn't it?

-Skin Biology

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
quote:
Originally posted by ronnieb:
I've loved your CP serum and Folligen products for a few years now. But I have to admit, I always felt that the Calypso Oil/Pheremone section of the website really gave off a quacky/scammy feeling. (Largely because pheremones have been the realm of magazine backpage hucksters for a long time)

But this last order, I picked the Stealth Calypso Oil as my free sample, and I love it. My antisocial cat is suddenly in love with me. I've been getting compliments on the new fragrance left and right. I can't really speak to the pheremonal aspects of it, but it's just the nicest smelling, not over powering, NOT EXPENSIVE, scent I've ever used.

So thank you to the Skin Bio crew, you've managed to pleasantly surprise me once again. Smiler

Some women say dogs follow them home when using the plant pheromones. Other say men stare at them in stores like when they were teen-age girls.

My interest in pheromones, or more accurately on smells and behavior, began about 30 years ago. We were studying infants with genetic problems of fat metabolism. Their bodies accumulated short-chain fatty acids which have very intense and nauseous smells. The goal was to find a way to find a way to stop the development, with dietary changes, of brain damage in the infants until they could better metabolize the fats as they became older.

These fats such as proprionic acid and butyric acid are extremely noxious smelling. But in monkeys, they serve as potent sexual stimulants. Possibly also in humans.

But the plant extracts seem to have some of these attraction qualities but also smell very nice.