Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Copper peptides and skin tone Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Hi,
I've used skinbiology copper peptides off and on since 2006. I liked the effects it had on my skin but I remember having one weird side effect:

I have olive skin tone and noticed my face became darker in areas where I applied cp serum. Is this common? Is this avoidable?

Thanks
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear jaha:

Some clients have reported this, but this typically is with clients with very fair skin tones... and clients who are applying the products a bit too heavy.

Since copper peptides will love to attach itself to the pores, be sure that you apply the products extremely lightly (perhaps add a couple drops of water in the palm of your hand before applying it to your skin).

Remember the application should be so light that it doesn't leave the skin excessively wet or damp. The application should be so light that it just barely overs the area.

Another trick is to make sure when you cleanse your skin the next day, that you use warm water (or a microdermabrasion cloth) to properly release any buildup of product that may cast a darker tone.

Try this tips and please report back to us!

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology