Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Uglies - I think I've got them, what should I do? Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Hi there, I've been alternating between Super CP serum and Skin Signals once a day, covered with Emu oil. I've also got LacSal and TTT.

I've been using the products for about 4 weeks now (or maybe less), I'm a bit sketchy with time. I seem to have a good tolerance for SRCPs.

I've had some interesting changes cropping up, i.e. a mole that appeared on the side of my nose and disappeared within two days. A line under my mouth that lasted two days. Some sag on the other side under my mouth that's lessened but is still there.

This morning however the skin under my left eye, upper cheek, which was already quite thin, has become really wrinkly. Either I've suddenly aged a load overnight or it's the famed "Uglies".

I've search on the forum, but can't find absolute clarification about what to do in these circumstances.

I see it suggested you should ease off the products if this happens, but what if I don't? Would they get better faster? Or could I do permanent damage if I don't ease off? I do think there should be a detailed article on this since it scares so many people off the products (understandably when you see them in front of your eyes on your own face!!).

Please Skin Biology clarify all consequences of The Uglies - easing off and what benefits/results there are of doing that. Not easing off and continuing using the copper peptides and the consequences of that.

I've had an immensely stressful year, and my face has taken the toll somewhat, so I'm using the products for beautification purposes (i.e. removing fine lines/sagging), rather than for scars, or other such skin problems.

Many thanks for your help.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear byjupiter:

Great to hear about the positive changes you are seeing (removal of the mole and some skin tightening). That is great!

We can definitely help you through the process of what we like to call a "transition period".

You do not have to worry that you might cause some type of permanent damage. The products will not do that.

We've had others successfully go through this "transition period" where things for a certain time may look worse before they look better. But none have reported it staying that way.

In fact, the only method of truly remodeling the skin is the pushing up and removal of damage affected by copper-peptides + exfoliation. Instead of masking the problem, SRCPs help deal with it directly.

For some (not all), this may mean a temporary period of things looking worse before they look better as damaged skin layers are pushed up and exfoliated off.

See Tip #6 on our Tips on How to Use SRCPs Properly at:
www.reverseskinaging.com/tips.html

Remember that both Super CP Serum and Skin Signals are strong products. And that using a biological oil such as Emu Oil on top will just make it even more stronger. Actually we recommending starting with only CP Night Eyes around the eyes first.

On areas where the skin is very thin to begin with, using very strong products can definitely result in the effects of overuse.

See: How to "Rest" the Skin and WHEN to Do It

The solution is to effectively rest the skin (perhaps by only using your moisturizing Emu Oil-S) or some clients love to use a light amount of Two Timing Tightener (a light DMAE tightening agent).

In time, you will notice this transition period slowly fading away and better health and glow appearing on your skin.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
quote:

Thank you for your help. The skin is quite crinkly at the moment, so doesn't look good. I can see why people get put off, but I'll keep the faith! I'll let you know of the progress.

Once the remodelling has started, I know I'm supposed to ease of the copper peptides, but does the remodelling continue without further help from the CPs? What I mean is, should I use the CPs every few days to help the progress of the remodelling? I'm wondering if I lay off them completely for a week or so, if that hinders the remodelling since the skin isn't getting any further help from the CPs.

Thanks for your help once again.
Oh one further thing, regarding stress inhibiting skin repair.

I've noticed for the past few years (stressful years!) that if I get a cut or burn, the mark takes ages to improve and often leaves a permanent mark.

For example I got scratched on my arm by a nail earlier this year. It left a deep scratch over an inch long, but wasn't bad enough for any special treatment except for using a plaster. However I now have a dark brown line where that scratch was, it seems permanent since it's been there for several months now.

It's no big deal, and I'll see if the SRCPs can erase it, but it's interesting to hear that stress can affect skin rejuvenation of cuts and burns. Many thanks for your detailed help once again.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
Hi Byjupiter,

i am experiencing the same since quite a long time.. not only wounds but also pimples or bumps take ages to go away.. I think it is not only stress but also part of the aging process...
I too am having a bad case of crinkly crepey skin under my eyes since using the cp products for a few months. I have tried resting the skin for a week and they are still there .... My eyes look worse than they ever did, but other parts of my skin look much better. I have also found that I can only use the ghk copper every second day on my facial skin or I wake up in the morning looking 20 years older! How long do you recommend resting the skin if the lines under the eyes remain after a week? and how long will it take before this effect eases off?
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear rdeo:

It is best to rest the skin until things have completely calmed down.

If that means resting the skin for more than a week, please continue to rest the skin with just a light biological oil or DMAE product in the area.

For custom help through this whole process we recommend emailing us at: customerservice@skinbiology.com or call at 1-800-405-1912 / Or contact us for a personal skin consultation.

Since every individual's skin is very different, it is best if we know the full story behind which products you are using, how long you have been using them, what other cosmetic products you are currently using or recent skin procedures (lasers/peels etc) you may have had, along with recent stressors that may be taking their toll.

We are happy to contact you via email and work with your personal history to find out why you may be experiencing some sensitivity.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
Thanks for that - I have contacted the consultant, and should hopefully get some more detailed information on what to do soon. I have also posted to this forum just to find out what other user's experiences are - ie how long that loose skin etc lasted, and what I can expect with longer-term use. I hate to think what kind of damage is starting to come to the surface!! Perhaps some kinds of skin are particularly sensitive to the copper products and take much longer to see results?
Picture of stoney
What CPs are you using around your eyes? Smiler

Byjupiter mentions Super CP Serum which is way too strong for the sensitive, thin skin under & around the eyes until the skin is acclimated. And at that, you will probably never need to go that strong around your eyes. You must first thicken the skin using mild CPs. Going too heavy (many make this mistake) or too strong just doesn't work. Less is actually more with CPs especially if you are not tackling scars.

It can't be stressed enough that one should start out particularly slowly with the eyes using MILD CPs every other day, once a day staring with either P&R Cream, Super GHK Serum/ Cream or Night Eyes Premier... then Reg Night Eyes before even using Reg CP Serum. You can buffer the skin by applying a BHO first, then CPs to help acclimate the skin.

"Slow, slow, slow" is the way to go with the eyes easing your way to daily use. And in time you can experience great results with removing lines, sun damage & dark circles, etc.

Moving slowly, it took me about a year to remodel mine & now I just maintain with Skin Signals Cream once a day in the PM. In the AM, I actually use FFB & Emu Oil. The tin peptide keeps them smooth & the Emu Oil hydrates with no temporary darkness that I sometimes get from the "blue" in CPs. I wear no under eye concealer whatsoever & always depended on it my 30's & 40's. That proves to me that I have remodeled my eyes dramatically as they need little to no special attention anymore. A good thing!

If your skin (any area) gets loose and/or crepey, then back off from ALL CPs on the area until it rebounds using only a BHO & TTT which has DMAE & polysaccharides for tightening. Aging issues such as lines, wrinkles, sagging are actually quite easy to reverse using mild products. Patience & understanding are vital to the equation.

Removing scars is a much more challenging task & takes years of hard work depending on your age. But that too is attainable if you really have the desire & fortitude to follow through...

Hope that Helps...
After having glycolic peels years ago the area under one of my eyes looked horrible. My dermatologist recommended cold milk compresses a couple of times a day to soothe the area. This equates to very mild lactic acid compresses - it helped me a lot. Maybe it would work for you.
Hi Stoney, thanks for the advice. I have been using ghk serum for about 3-4 months, and have only really been able to use the serum every other day. I use exfol cream at night, but I seem to be allergic to emu oil. So far all I have had is lots of increases in wrinkles, but I am hopeful that maybe this will all eventually resolve. I'd love to be able to treat the deeper wrinkles but whenever I try to use a stronger product I literally wake up looking ten years older!! I do strongly believe in the science behind the SB products - it is so good to hear of other people's experiences and to know that perserverance, time and patience is the key
quote:
Going too heavy (many make this mistake) or too strong just doesn't work. Less is actually more with CPs especially if you are not tackling scars.

Stoney, when you say going too heavy, are you talking about using too much product?
Picture of stoney
quote:
Originally posted by stillsearching:
quote:
Going too heavy (many make this mistake) or too strong just doesn't work. Less is actually more with CPs especially if you are not tackling scars.

Stoney, when you say going too heavy, are you talking about using too much product?

Yes Stillsearching, by "heavy" I mean too much product. It is particularly important not to over apply on the fragile eye area where the skin is thinner.

Even at that I went through the crinkly stage under the eyes in the beginning as well using only mild CPs. I think anyone who has remodeled them has gone through this stage. Backing off is important... It was temporary & after it subsided it was still a full year before I completely remodeled them. True skin remodeling takes time as new collagen is built which takes many months to fully develop.

It is a slow, gradual process but can be realized if you do not push it. You don't want to bombard already stressed out skin, rather you need to baby it (referring to the eyes).

Scars are different story which require more aggressive techniques & stronger products...more of a demolition derby! Laughing
Thank you, Stoney. I wanted to make sure I understood. I am trying to be good and just use a tiny amount!
Picture of Skin Biology
quote:
Originally posted by rdeo:
Hi Stoney, thanks for the advice. I have been using ghk serum for about 3-4 months, and have only really been able to use the serum every other day. I use exfol cream at night, but I seem to be allergic to emu oil. So far all I have had is lots of increases in wrinkles, but I am hopeful that maybe this will all eventually resolve. I'd love to be able to treat the deeper wrinkles but whenever I try to use a stronger product I literally wake up looking ten years older!! I do strongly believe in the science behind the SB products - it is so good to hear of other people's experiences and to know that perserverance, time and patience is the key

Dear rdeo:

It is true that some clients seem to have more of a sensitivity to copper-peptides than others.

Some even have more of a sensitivity only in certain areas (i.e. they are able to use the very strong products all over but can only use the very mild products only every once in a while in other areas, like around-the-eyes). Whereas other clients have very little or absolutely no sensitivity and can use very strong products very effectively even around the eye area!

So usage becomes more individualized. Every individual has to test out what products they can successfully use and how to use it. It may be that you may never be able to work up to very strong products.

But if we can assist you in finding better results with the products you can use by tweaking how you use them, that will be the key!

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
Picture of winterskisss
Hi I was reading on the forum about crepey skin around the eyes and came across this post by Stoney above in 2011 and it says that it took her a year to remodel her eye skin and then she is now using FFB & Emu Oil in the evening I checked the ingredients and Saw Palmetto is in it doesnt that help with hair regrowth ? Just puzzled and wondered if anyone had an idea what it did to help her eye skin as it's a hair cream .

This message has been edited. Last edited by: winterskisss,

Cynthia VanVranken
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear winterskisss:

Could be that she liked the tin peptides in the Folligen for Blondes.

Tin Peptides do seem to produce a very nice "smoothing" quality to the skin (which is why we have it in our TINPEP Hand Cream.

I assume she was using the Emu Oil for Skin (not the one for hair) --- But perhaps that all she had on hand?

But a good scalp product can be used on facial skin... no problem.

Especially in the past, we encouraged our clients to really test out things and experiment for themselves Smiler

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
Picture of winterskisss
Oh that's good to know I would love a product from SB that smooths out the neck skin with TINPEP in it mine is 60 years old and it doesn't like to cooperate with my efforts to anti age myself but I am going to try what is available from SB like the hand cream or the FFB if it wont make me grow neck whiskers because of the saw palmetto :}

Cynthia VanVranken
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear winterskisss:

Smiler

Yes the good thing is that none of our products will "grow hair" where hair was not existent before.

So there'll be no problem trying the Folligen for Blondes on the face (although it might cause a breakout?)

Have you tried our new Crepey Skin Escape Cream?

It was specifically designed for this area and doesn't even have to be used everyday to see good results.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
Picture of winterskisss
Thank you thats good to know .

Cynthia VanVranken