Skin Biology    healthyskin.infopop.cc    SKIN BIOLOGY OFFICIAL CHAT FORUM | Free Skin Consultation 1-800-405-1912  Hop To Forum Categories  Products  Hop To Forums  Skin    Castor oil over subcision with minimal bruising--have question

Moderators: Rosy

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Castor oil over subcision with minimal bruising--have question Login/Join

posted
I don't know what the magic about castor oil is with my skin but it has literally led me from the brink of 6 years of despair. It has significantly reduced the bruising i usually get from subcision- so bad that i cant go to work. I put it over Skin Serum at night and it has really softened the scars and I think helped the serum do its work. My overall skin tone is so much better. Also, I am a HUGE believer in skin biology. If I look back over the last 4 years where I would get into trouble with my skin and new breakouts/scars was to think there was maybe something else out there that might work better than Skin Biology, when in fact--their products were absolutely working, I just wanted immediate satisfaction. These products work- hands down. My question today is I had subcision done and need to know when the best time is to apply an acid to my skin to help with reduction of scar tissue? Sorry for long post--just wanted to give Skin Bio team praise for their work and mention the castor oil- I have not seen much about it here.

Posts: 5 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 24 October 2013Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear ibelieve:

Thanks very much for your post.

Over the years, we've had many mention the same thing: that they really notice a difference when they briefly stop the use Skin Biology products for whatever reason, and then realize that their skin was definitely going through positive changes all along - only it might not have been as noticeable at the outset or as quick as they would have liked.

So the key is patience and consistency. We try to advise clients that rather than being concerned about a specific time period, just work with a simple regimen you can use over the long term for the ultimate benefit of your skin.

Regarding subcision (which is already a method of abrasion) it is very important to avoid trying to do too much, too quickly.

Hydroxy acid should never be used on skin that is already open, irritated, or freshly exfoliated or abraded. So you'll want to wait until the area of subcision has been completely healed over before attempting even a mild hydroxy acid. Once things have completely calmed down you might want to try a very mild hydroxy acid...But definitely not soon after.

For additional help, consult the dermatologist or esthetician who performed the subcision for more specific direction on how soon after you can use other methods of abrasion.

Again, thanks for your nice testimonial!

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post