Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Correcting laser damage? Login/Join

posted
Hi, I have had four Fraxel Dual treatments to treat scars (shallow athrophic) on the sides of my face. However I realised a year ago after the last treatment, that my skin is now an orangepeel, I have pinprick pores covering my entire face where the laser went, sort of like someone just took a needle and pierced my skin all over. I don't know if laser a) took the top layer of my skin and revealed existing pores b) caused thermal ageing C) burned and scarred me or d) deleted tissue ( dermis and fat )so deep that it never grew back.

I believe it did both scar me underneath and deleted tissue but I cannot be sure.

My question is, would CPs be able to help me in any case, or would there be any reason that I should avoid CPs?

I am very scared at putting anything strong on my skin and I cannot deal with anything going anymore haywire than it is right now.

Derms are not able to help me and keep pushing Retin A but I am not going to put acid on my skin as it is damaged already, and as far as I understand, Retin A only masks the skin imperfections by constant irritation and swelling.

Has anyone used CPs on laser damage and how did it work for you?

What would be the best way for me to start with CPs ( if that is advisable)? I rather go slow and very very gently!

I am scared of doing more damage but I would like to improve this weird texture that it is my face.

I am 30 year old scandinavian female, oily skin, never sun tanned as I burn super easy. I currently use Psoria Gold Sensitive and I am 15 months post my last treatment.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,

Posts: 8 | Location: Australia | Registered: 05 September 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Also I think I suffer from severely dehydrated skin, it is oily, and I think the lasers + daily use of Invizible Zinc port really dehydrated my skin on long term , and now i can't seem to restore the hydration. What do i do, I am so lost and feel like my skin is just getting worse and worse. I drink a lot of water, take flaxseed oil, Vitamin C, multivitamin, marine cartiledge extract, Q10.
I have stopped caffeine and dairy products completely.

posted Hide Post
HI MANDY

MY NAME IS IRENE AND I ALSO HAVE DAMAGE CAUSED BY FRAXEL I HAD DONE ABOUT 3 YEARS AGO. IM 57 AND HAD FRAXEL ON MY NECK - I HAVE SCARRING AND MY AGING SKIN BEGAN TO HAVE A MOTTLED APPEARANCE INSTEAD OF A TURTLE NECK OVER THE SCARRING. I'VE BEEN DOING FLEX EFFECT FOR THREE MONTHS AND USING DR PICKART'S SKIN CARE FOR 6 WEEKS. I'LL KEEP YOU POSTED ON RESULTS - SKIN IS ALREADY AMAZING AFTER ONLY A SHORT TIME - NECK IS BECOMING LESS MOTTLED WEEKLY

Posts: 2 | Location: AUSTRALIA | Registered: 07 September 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Irene!

Glad you are seeing improvement. Lucky you it is not your face like mine/=

I don't know if anything can help me I feel so suicidal at times over this.

Laser ate my face basically, here is a picture.

posted Hide Post
Hi Mandy12,
I havnt had to treat damage from laser treatment as Ive never had them done; but I do have other skin damage, that can be a downer if I concentrate on it too much. I have read alot on this forum from copper peptide users having sucess. Im sure you will find as I have, that using copper peptides along with exfoliation and hydration and approaching it with patience and faith; has dramatically helped alot of people with various skin problems.
I know that we ourselves can be our worst critics and truth be known our skin doesnt look as bad through others eyes as what we think it does.I made a choice not to look at my skin problem areas with hatred, and chose to love it (despite the damage) and approached treating my skin by caring for it with the hope of improvement by using copper peptides and patience.
The difference that choice has made, has been the best Ive ever done for treating my skin and I do believe improvement will slowly continue.
I wish you all the best and skin biology will be able to help you choose the right copper peptide to use along with anything else that can be beneficial.

Posts: 27 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 05 June 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Polly!

I have some good days but plenty of very bad days, but I hope something would help me some day. I am scared of putting anything on my skin as I dont know what I am dealing with.

Derms are not very helpful at all and my doc dismissed my concerns about the damage and denied laser could do this.

I have read people getting good results with hyperthrophic scarring but what about athrophic scarring like mine? Has anyone had any improvement and what did you do besides CPs?

Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
The best is to improve the appearance of laser damaged skin is to start with CP Serum followed by Emu Oil with anti-oxidants. Do this for a month, then use a stronger product Such as Trireduction Cream.

Also take 4 grams MSM and 5 grams flaxseed oil each day as supplements.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,

Posts: 7065 | Location: Skin Biology | Registered: 15 September 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Dr. Pickart,

Do I need to use anything else at all, acids etc?
I am already having flaxseed capsules in my diet but never heard of MSM, I see if I can find any.

Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
Laser damaged skin must first be "babied" into better health before it will respond to method to improve the appearance. Often the skin is "locked" in a chronic condition that stops rejuvenation.

Once your skin is calmed down and in a better condition, then you can use other products to help recovery.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,

Posts: 7065 | Location: Skin Biology | Registered: 15 September 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dr. Pickart,

you are the first to actually help me with this, and I am so grateful, thank you.

Can I still use Psoria Gold Sensitive( no alcohol) with the products you mentioned?

From Psoria Gold leaflet :

" Persistently high levels of PhK in the skin result in rapid epidermal turnover leading to defective barrier fuction. Curcumin gel slows rapid epidermal turnover..... from once every 4 days to once every 60 days to help normalize the epidermal barrier"

I think this means my skin also have been dehydrated, if epidermal barrier was compromised?

Will Psoria Gold and CPs affect each other ?

posted Hide Post
Hi Mandy

Sorry it has taken so long to respond. I've been busy with work but I see Dr Pickart is on yr case. My skin is improving daily. The mottled effect is starting to go and at 57, my skin is certainly looking firm and young. I will upload before/after pictures at the 8 month mark re my practice of FlexEffect and 6 mth mark using Skin Biology products. I'm at the end of my 5th month. Pretty good results I must say - especially the skin on my neck. So there is hope Mandy. Keep going.

Regards
Irene

Posts: 2 | Location: AUSTRALIA | Registered: 07 September 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Irene,
nice to hear from you(=

I am glad you are finding improvement great stuff. I am a bit apprehensive to treat my skin with anything strong as my problem is tissue missing , not having too much of it.

I personally believe hypertrophic scarring is easier to treat, where as if I try to tamper with athrophic scarring, I mught make it worse, as the tissue that is suppose to grow new collagen is not there enymore, and I will just end up making scars deeper.

I know a lady who has exact same issues after laser as you, so i will mention your progress to her! Thansk for the update keep them coming (=