Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Osmotics Login/Join

Picture of Nathalie
posted
Hello. I am new here but the more I read articles in Skin Biology's website, the more I want to change my skin care products into Skin Biology ones.

I am currently using Osmotics Blue Copper 5 line and other products like moisturisers etc. Nothing wrong with them at the moment, no irritation at all but I find their prices too expensive to continue.
So, when I use them up, I am going to switch to Skin Biology which seems to be more value for money.

My question is that Osmotics say their Blue Copper products are with Copper peptide. Is it the same ingredient used in SB's products?
And if I use them about 3 months or so, does it mean I am no longer a complete beginner of Copper peptide which allows me to use directly CP serum or other products with strength rating around 3 or 4?

Are there anyone who have used Osmotics?
Thank you in advance.

P.S. Sorry about my English. I am Japanese and English is not my native language.

Posts: 19 | Location: Tokyo | Registered: 08 October 2013Report This Post
Picture of Adria-Alexis
posted Hide Post
I used Osmotics Blue Copper for a few months as well and was wondering the same thing; however I layered mine and usually the copper was a number of layers in so wasn't really getting to my face directly. If you were putting it directly on a cleansed face I would think it would "count" as using copper. We do need to be careful though. I'm not sure what "the uglies" are but whatever they are I don't want to get them and so am staying with Skin Biology's lower numbered copper, though I am using Skin Signals which is an 11 but not every day. I use P&R Cream and used"Formula 1" from ncnskincare.com which is copper she gets from Skin Biology. It is a liquid and very mild. Since I used that for awhile (but how long is awhile lol) I assume I am not a total beginner!

Like you I use a lot of other expensive products, but since I discovered Skin Biology, I also want to change over so when my other products are gone I will probably not replace them.

Good luck!

Posts: 16 | Location: Here | Registered: 17 September 2013Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear Nathalie and Adria-Alexis:

Thank you for posting your questions!

Dr. Pickart will most likely post his response when he has the opportunity.

However, in a post post where a client had asked Dr. Pickart about Osmotics products, he replied "I don't know exactly is in the Osmotics products or how they were tested."

Of course, any true copper-peptide product on the market will be based (sometimes "loosely") on Dr. Pickart's original invention since he is the biochemist who invented copper-peptides.

What is the difference between our products and the others? Concentration, quality, and experience.

First of all, we cannot speak to the concentration of pure copper-peptides contained in other brands currently on the market. But we can say that Dr. Pickart's products have the truest form of copper-peptides, faithful to his original discoveries and have a concentration much higher than what is generally used in topicals (i.e. 3% GHK VIP Luxury Cream and Super GHK Copper Cream/Serum).

As far as quality is concerned, Dr. Pickart does not agree with many of the additional ingredients often added to cosmetics that may not only be unnecessary but harmful to the long term health of your skin.

Finally: Experience. No one knows more about formulating the most potent combination of compounds for heightened penetration and efficacy of his own invention than Dr. Pickart.

So although other products are fine to start with perhaps (and although it's true that our products are stronger than most over-the-counter products), many find it logical to trust the inventor with how best to use his invention and come direct to Dr. Pickart when wishing to use copper-peptides for skincare.

We work very closely with our clients to devise a regimen that is customized to your individual skin and is designed to give you optimal results.

Overuse can be easily avoided by starting with a mild regimen and slowly working your way up to something stronger, if/as needed.

We welcome you to contact us directly, either at 1-800-405-1912 or via email (customerservice@skinbiology.com) or through our Skin Care Consultant. We'd be more than happy to help answer any other questions.

Here's an invaluable link you'll be sure to want to review (and bookmark) when you start using our copper-peptides:
Tips on How to Use Enhanced Copper-Peptides Properly

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post
Picture of Nathalie
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much for this useful information!

Picture of Adria-Alexis
posted Hide Post
Yes, thank you so much! I am very impressed at the level of direct contact and help that Skin Biology gives to its customers. Bravo! I have never run into a company that takes such an individual interest in the people they are selling to. I am so glad I stumbled across a post in a forum that mentioned something about a "Nanci" from NCNskincare, and when I started buying copper there and reading around the web, I discovered another forum that said she got her copper from a Dr. Pickart. I immediately researched Typing and ended up here and have no intentions of leaving. Love What a find! Thumbs UP! Thanks for all that you do for us who are so often taken in by the advertising gimmicks of the big name companies. I wish I hadn't bought so much of all the other products so recently... Crying

Posts: 16 | Location: Here | Registered: 17 September 2013Report This Post
Picture of Nathalie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Adria-Alexis:
I am very impressed at the level of direct contact and help that Skin Biology gives to its customers. Bravo!
I wish I hadn't bought so much of all the other products so recently... Crying

idem!!!!!