New
Find
Notify
Tools
Keratosis Pilaris Login/Join

Picture of whippet74
posted
Hello,

I would like to know if anyone can recommend any Skin Biology products to help with Keratosis Pilaris. I have it on my legs and upper arms. The two products i have consistently used for a year have been Amlactin and Glytone body lotion. The result has been that of smooth and hydrated skin however, the redness still remains. It looks like "chicken skin". All suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Posts: 12 | Location: United States | Registered: 13 November 2013Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear whippet74:

Since copper-peptides are solely cosmetic products that are not designed to treat any diagnosable skin condition, we can only recommend that you consult your doctor/dermatologist for specific advice.

However, the following post might be of interest to you - See: https://healthyskin.infopop.cc/...250078314#8250078314

Clients have reported good results fading the appearance of this problem by using CP Serum and microdermabrasion cloths or leave-on hydroxy acids.

Feel free to call us direct at: 1-800-405-1912 for more detailed assistance...

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post
Picture of whippet74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whippet74:
quote:
Originally posted by whippet74:
Thank you for the quick reply. I did consult my doctor and the body lotions with alpha hydroxy acids were recommended. I just thought trying something new would help. All my doctor told me was that Keratosis Pilaris is a chronic condition and that exfoliation via microdermabrasion, chemical i.e., lactic peels would help. I will follow up with the suggestion of trying the CP Serum. Maybe i will try a stronger lactic acid peel too. Amlactin contains 12% lactic acid and Glytone KP lotion contains 17.5% glycolic acid.

Posts: 12 | Location: United States | Registered: 13 November 2013Report This Post
<Violetta>
posted
How much does it cost?

Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Violetta:
How much does it cost?

Dear Violetta:

If you're referring to our exfoliators, Skin Biology's hydroxy acids range from $12 - $34.77

Click on the name of any of the products below for more information.

What is the difference between all of our exfoliators (at a glance)?

- Exfol Serum (2% beta hydroxy salicylic acid)
Best for combination-to-oily blemish-prone skin that is somewhat sensitive. Fact that it has pure salicylic acid makes it particularly effective for unclogging pores. pH around 3.6.

- Exfol Cream (2% beta hydroxy salicylic acid)
Best for normal-to-dry skin that is somewhat sensitive. Fact that it is a cream with additional antioxidants makes it particularly effective for aging skin. pH around 3.6.

- LacSal Serum (10% hydroxy mix: 1.5% saliyclic with 8.5% lactic acid)
Best for combination-to-oily blemish-prone skin. Fact that it contains the addition of salicylic acid makes it particularly beneficial for concerns that have been present for a longer time and for unclogging pores. pH around 3.6.

- LacSal Cream (10% hydroxy mix: 1.5% saliyclic with 8.5% lactic acid)
Best for normal-to-dry skin types. Fact that it contains the addition of salicylic acid makes it particularly beneficial for concerns that have been present for a longer time and general anti-aging. pH around 3.6.

- Lactic Power 10 (10% alpha hydroxy lactic acid)
Best for normal-to-dry skin types with more superficial damage. Fact that it contains only lactic acid, which is a very gentle acid, makes it particularly beneficial for those who prefer to use a salicylic-free product. Added antioxidants makes this beneficial for general anti-aging concerns. pH around 3.6.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have struggled my entire life with horrible KP on my arms-all over. I tried everything-Amlactin, DermaDoctor, you name it. Sometimes i felt like those things would make it worse. About two years ago I ordered a 30% salicylic acid peel from Amazon and followed it. It completely cured it. I have zero bumps, and if I feel the bumps coming back at all, I do another peel. I only have to do maybe two of those peels a year. I wear sleeveless dresses and shirts all the time now. No scars- no bumps. Not one. I do moisturize while I'm still in the shower every day with a few drops of MiraCell oil- just really any high quality oil that won't make you break out. I can't use Emu oil- makes me break out. What I have truly learned and I've seen Dr. Pickart say is everyone's skin is different. I'm 42 now and I had had KP since I was about 10. I've been clear for a solid two years.

Posts: 5 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 24 October 2013Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear ibelieve:

We're glad the salicylic acid worked so well for you! Thanks for posting your experience.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Picture of whippet74
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the suggestion. I too have had KP since i was ten; i am 39 now. It is a chronic condition that i have been trying to get under control. I will definitely try the salicylic acid peel.