New
Find
Notify
Tools
Revisions to Profile Requirements Login/Join

Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Report This Post  
Dear Clients:

You may have noticed that your personal profile must be completed with some new information (such as first/last name, address, city, location) that in the past were not available but now are required to post and remain a part of the Skin Biology forum group.

Please be assured ALL of your information will always be kept confidential and is not available to the public.

Due to many, many complaints from long-term clients of negativity and hostility on the forum over the last several months, we have added this requirement since the Skin Biology chat forum is primarily for Skin Biology clients to exchange ideas and chat about product use.

Some were being immediately attacked (for their opinions, or their results), repeated times, from those who are not even Skin Biology clients.

So in the best interest of our clients, we decided to add a few more requirements to be able to post. Again, all of this information will be kept confidential and it is in the effort to maintain quality, civility, and decorum on our forum.

Thank you all,
-Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I think the extra information is good, as you can trace were the negativity is coming from. However I don't think you should limit the forum to skin biology customers. Many people, like myself, choose to buy skin biology products because of seeing what is in the forum. Forums are easier to trust than websites, since they allow open and honest feedback.
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear David:

Yes, we realize many like to visit the forum and learn, research the product before buying, or just drop in from time to time. And we do have many forum members who purchase from resellers or salons.

It is fine to post here, and we welcome everyone - But specifically this forum was set up primarily for Skin Biology clients.

And it has mainly been due to clients' concerns, that we have had to take additional steps to keep a nice atmosphere on our chat forum.

To all who contribute to that atmosphere...Thank you.

-Skin Biology
Picture of Skin Biology
To our clients:

Some have asked about the profile requirements. We checked on five other very successful Internet Chat Groups and all required the type of registration that we now use.

It is common to ask for this information - And with us, you can be assured that your information will never be made available to the public or used to mail or email spam information to you.

The program should prompt you immediately to complete your profile if you have not already done so, before you will be able to post.

Or you can update your information when you come in to the front of the site into "MY SPACE" and then "View/Edit Complete Profile" and all the areas with the asterisks are required fields now.

It is very easy to fill out and once done, you will be able to post and participate on the forum.

Thank you for your cooperation.
-Skin Biology
Picture of Kathryn06
Thanks Skin Bio! I've been wondering this for a while, but not sure where to p0st this. This thread seems like it might be an appropriate place. Is there a way to PM other members? It seems like the Groupee help section implies there is, but I can't figure it out.
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear Kathryn06:

Yes, that feature was not enabled for our members...

But now it is.

For Private Messaging:
First add the member(s) you wish you add to your Buddies List. You can just click on their name and "Add...to my Buddies"...

Then you can click on the name and "Invite...to a Private Topic" or from your own Profile you can click on Private Messaging or from the Menu Bar: GO> My Space> Private Messaging.

*Make sure to turn your notification on so that you can be notified when someone wishes to contact you.

We'll see how this goes.
Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
Picture of Kathryn06
I followed your instructions, but I get the following message:

You have not been given the permission(s) to access this page. You require the following rights to view this page: 'Can Create/Edit Private Messages'. For a full list of permissions you have on this community, please visit your MySpace Permissions page.
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear Kathyrn06:

Sorry about that. We have updated everyone's permissions.

-Skin Biology