Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Feedback from Client Login/Join

Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Report This Post  
We were pleased to receive this email over the weekend and wanted to share it with you:

"Dear Dr. Pickart,
I have now been using your products for about three weeks and would like to report my experience:

_HAIR_

1) Folligen - I have a history of hair falling out for the last few years, therefore, have tried every conceivable product from dermatologists' sprays, liquids, lotions, shampoos, conditioners to ending up with my own choice of CVS 5% minoxidil. I have spent thousands of dollars with the MDs' products (will not mention names but all are very well known) and they have not helped.

In the last 3 months, the 5% minoxidil started to cause irritation and flaky scalp even though I used it every other day 2x/day. I put drops directly on scalp and rub in with Q-tip - very effective method by the way because it also massages the scalp.

I counted the hair that fell out every morning and under magnification saw the bulb attached to the strands and was losing between 80-100 hairs every day. My response was to find something better and through extensive research I found your products not only for hair but for skin.

For about three weeks I have been using a dilution of 50% Folligen Spray/50% purified water which I apply with a bottle dropper on parted hair at top of my head and rub in with Q-tip. I started slowly and built up to it over a week to 10 days.

_Result_: my hair has stopped falling out and for days at a time no hair at all has fallen out. And since adding Folligen to my regimen no more flaking scalp or irritation and dryness.

My regimen: 5% minoxidil full strength in am @16 drops and Folligen 50% dilution in am @/16 drops.

I have very light blonde hair chemically processed every 2 months. I have not had any color from the Folligen stain my hair at all and I use it every night. I will keep you informed about my progress.

_SKIN CARE_

I have been in the sun recently for three months in Florida-every day I swam for one hour, ran on the beach and was in and out of sun all day. I used spf 45 or 50 chemical sunscreen all day and sat under an umbrella. My skin which is always really beautiful was destroyed - dried out, sagging, loss of tone and with cellulite visible for first time in my life, hypo and hyper pigmentation, bumps, and many dark spots on my hands. I also tried the much touted Anthelios product for faces spf 40 and it cause me to break out which I have never had a problem with and it migrated into my eyes causing ongoing problems. As a result of the damage to my skin, I have recently completed extensive research into the ingredients used in both US and foreign sunscreen products. After being horrified and then downright mad by what all the dozens of scientific studies say --that chemicals in sunscreen not only cause damage to skin but can actually create the environment for causing skin cancer--I decided to try to find an alternative solution for UV protection. After an exhaustive search, I read about your research and products. Results of using copper peptide formulations:

2) Protect and Restore Body Lotion--As with the Folligen, I started slowly, diluted it with a capful of purified water and got my body accustomed to product.

_Results_: the dark spots on my chest appeared to lighten/disappear (one was 5mm in width), my skin has started to tighten all over - I had loose and crapey skin on arms, above knees and on thighs and my skin was very rough but now is getting smooth textured again. I will keep you informed of progress.

3) Super CP Serum-- the dark spots on my face appeared to lighten, the skin has become smooth again and the texture and moisture level (not oil level) is incredible - my face feels like baby skin. But at first as you said, everything got worse.

I use a little bit around my eyes but not on lid and all over my face. I have deep lines in forehead and am hoping these will go away and that my neck will become more toned like my face skin since using Super CP.

I also use it on my hands and the sun spots are starting to visibly disappear in exactly the manner you describe in your book. I am also using a mixture of Arm and Hammer baking soda/face cleanser to make a safe and natural microdermabrasian cream which i use on my hands. Your book has been real helpful in explaining how we can do these things ourselves more safely, easily and cheaper than going to dermatologists. I use the Super CP and the Squalene on top of it.

4) P&R Face Suncare Cream - after talking with you, I ordered this and am I happy. It is the only thing I have used on my face that does not create an oily slick, does not migrate into my eyes, does not irritate my skin and does not leave my face like a white mask. *

My background as you know is as a product formulator with years in the chemical business and in healthcare products development. The science and research studies in your book and on your website really convinced me to try your copper peptide formulations for my hair, face and body and so far they all really work.

Regards,
A.C."

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,