Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
PR Body Lotion or Copper Sun Lotion? Login/Join

Picture of SAGE262
posted   Report This Post  
I currently use the Protect and Restore Body Lotion and was wondering if in the summer I could use the Copper SunTan Lotion in its place. Would I benefit more or less switching to just the copper suntan lotion? I also plan on using the Day Cover. I would like to purchase the least amount of products because the cost can really add up quick!
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
The Copper Sun has more titanium dioxide and a higher CP content so it may be a good option for you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Idelle Musiek,
Picture of SAGE262
Your response has definately helped me decide which product to use. I figured the part about the titanium dioxide but was not aware that the Copper Sun contains more CP. Thank you!
quote:
Originally posted by SAGE262:
Your response has definately helped me decide which product to use. I figured the part about the titanium dioxide but was not aware that the Copper Sun contains more CP. Thank you!

I didn't either, sage. and I find the Copper Sun does a pretty decent job. I do have days where I need something stronger, so on those days, I'll apply a physical SS over the Copper Sun. And if I get a little pink from too much sun, I definitely use the Body Lotion at night. By morning - no redness!

I actually develop a mild tan using this method - and that's a lot for me. (I'm fair).

Picture of SAGE262
Hi foxe,
Thanks for your input. What brand/type of sunscreen are you using over the Copper Sun?
quote:
Hi foxe,
Thanks for your input. What brand/type of sunscreen are you using over the Copper Sun?

I use too many to make for a simple routine LOL.

Actually, for normal, running about days - I will apply the Day Cover to my face and top it w/ a MMU. That gives my face enough coverage.

For a full day in the sun, I do the above, but use a zinc based SS for my nose (my nose needs a lot of protection). So, my face will get a dose of Day Cover and a SS in the AM and my regular CP at night. My face is pretty wrinkle free and I've gotten rid of what sun damage it had and it's looking pretty good with this routine.

For my body - my arms, legs & chest usually just get the Copper Sun in the AM and the Body Lotion at night. For full days in the sun, I use a SS w/ a mix of TiO2 and ZnO on top of the Copper Sun. My chest had been previously diagnosed with Pokiloderma of Civette (sundamaged skin, and very sensitive). That condition has improved immensely. And other CPs did not agree with it - the copper sun did, though.

My decollete use to get sun poisoning when exposed to the sun, constantly had bumps (raised/clogged hair follicles), and would turn red when exposed to heat, even so far as getting red when coming out of the shower. (It just gets overheated easily!) It would also get a rash like the sun poisoning when I used scented products.

Now that it is in a healthier state - it can handle the sun better (still gets a little overheated, but hasn't had a rash for awhile), and I can apply scents to it (but don't want to trust that too often). The skin has smoothed out as well.

I had tried CP Serum and Super CP Serum as well as BND on it before the Copper Sun.

Sorry for the long response - but to answer your original question of what SS I use besides Day Cover or Copper Sun - I've used MMU (face), Clinique City Block (face instead of MMU - uses TiO2 & ZnO), Solbar SS(TiO2/Zno - for chest, nose and maybe body when needed). I prefer the physical sunscreens over chemical ones when it comes to using one for better protection.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: foxe,
Picture of SAGE262
It sounds like you have nailed down a routine that works for you and I can only hope that as I get some experience with everything that I will have as much success as you.
I'm 49 and went through surgical menopause 3 years ago. My skin has really suffered after the rapid drop of estrogen. My skin has thinned, I lost a great amount of elasticity and the sundamaged areas on my forearms and legs look parched. Other signs of damage have shown up and the lack of firmness in my face and the thinning of my hair is also quite distressing. I can't have estrogen replacement so I really have my work cut out for me! I wish I knew ahead of time how great the effects of losing estrogen would be so that I could have started on the copper peptides a long time ago to prevent or at least slow down some of the rapid decline in the condition of my skin. I started with SB products last month so I guess I have a long road to travel now. I'm hoping to rebuild collagen, regain some elasticity and remove the sun damage.
Thanks again for responding!
quote:
For my body - my arms, legs & chest usually just get the Copper Sun in the AM and the Body Lotion at night.

I followed the same routine last Summer. The skin looked better in September then it did going into the Summer. Could not ask for more.

I'm a Registered nurse but don't know much about Estrogen replacement therapy, not my specialty Smiler My wife age 46 is also on Estrogen replacement. Just asked her and she said 9 years.

You can go to healthy skin forum and do a word search under "could use some prayer". There is a picture of her there near the bottom of the thread and it is possible to be on Estrogen replacement therapy and have good skin.

Look into FFB or Hair Signals. Both are excellent at thickening the appearance of hair. Experiment to see which works best for you. Don't forget to follow Skin Biology's recommendation for Supplements related to Skin and Hair. Also you might try out the Nioxin oral vitamins for hair. They also help the skin by thickening the Keratin.

Stick with it you should start to see results with the skin about the end of the second month (healthy glow) and hair about three months. I was skeptical when I started the Skin Biology product but they are everything they claim to be an more.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
Picture of SAGE262
Hi Maxx,
Thanks for the info. Like I said, I cannot have estrogen replacement due to an estrogen dependent cancer, therefor any suggestions from others that I may benefit from is very welcome. Luckily there are no signs of a reoccurence-it will be 4 yrs in September.
I am using Hair Signals and have noticed some accelerated fallout since starting it but I feel that it has tapered off now and hopefully I will start to see some positive results. I will also be purchasing the FFB to see if it makes a difference. I am taking quite a few supplements already but I will check out the Nioxin vitamins you mentioned.
By the way, your wife and daughter are beautiful. I'm glad your wife's father is doing well. I can't imagine what that was like and wish nothing but the best for all of you.
Thanks again, I enjoy reading your posts!
Thank you Sage Smiler Father in Law is doing very well. The Mrs. is heading out tomorrow to visit him.

Your definitely on the right track and the benefits of Skin Biology are not subtle.

The Wife had very nice skin prior to Skin Biology and I wasn't really sure how much they would benefit, but she is hooked.

My skin was a wreck and ones like you and me will show the most improvement with Skin Biology. Its not quick but SB rejuvenates the appearance of skin from the ground up. Well worth the effort.

Picture of Dr. Pickart
quote:
Hi Maxx,
Thanks for the info. Like I said, I cannot have estrogen replacement due to an estrogen dependent cancer, therefor any suggestions from others that I may benefit from is very welcome. Luckily there are no signs of a reoccurence-it will be 4 yrs in September.
I am using Hair Signals and have noticed some accelerated fallout since starting it but I feel that it has tapered off now and hopefully I will start to see some positive results. I will also be purchasing the FFB to see if it makes a difference. I am taking quite a few supplements already but I will check out the Nioxin vitamins you mentioned.
By the way, your wife and daughter are beautiful. I'm glad your wife's father is doing well. I can't imagine what that was like and wish nothing but the best for all of you.
Thanks again, I enjoy reading your posts!

Sometimes new hair growth can push out older hair shafts and there may be a brief period of hair shedding as the new hair shafts push out the old dormant hair shafts. Old, non-growing hair is held in the hair follicle for about four months before falling out.