Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
hyperpigmentation after sun exposure Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Hi there, I've been using SB products for several years now and will never use anything else. Well, I do use some Clinique exfoliating products and sometimes I do home Lactic acid peels, but I also us the CPs and Emu Oil. I'm 46 and have been diligent about wearing sunscreen 24/7/365 since I was 26. That has been what has saved my skin. However, last weekend we were doing a lot of swimming and water sports, so my sunscreen couldn't keep up (I use Clinique City Block, which is TD and ZO). So, it kept washing off (there was no way to avoid it). Now I have some splotchy hyperpigmentation -- something I haven't had in 20 years -- and I'm just wondering, could this be old stuff coming to the surface and ready to come off or did I cause a bunch of new damage and un-do all of the 20 years of sun protection! I'm using mild CPs now and lots of sunscreen and moisturizer. Thanks for your help!
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I hate to say it but. 24/7/365 for 20 years of basically no Sun Exposure. I suspect the skin was overwhelmed and the body responded by over doing the Melanin production.

I don't think a single exposure destroyed all your work or seriously damaged your skin. It may resolve on its own. But you're probably going to want to treat it like any other type of hyperpigmentation problem.

I have no real experience with HP so you can do a word search on the forum and I'm sure someone with experience will respond. One thing I am sure of though it can be totally resolved Smiler Also its fresh, so it will be easier to resolve.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Idelle Musiek,
Duh! Am I rusty Smiler Super CP Serum seems to be the product of choice for Hyperpigmentation.
Thanks, Maxx! Yeah, my mother had basal cell carcenoma, so from a young age, I decided I had to be extra careful in the sun. Before that, though, I used baby oil -- even on my face! So, there's definitely some damage from those early years :-\

Thanks so much for your advice. I've got Skin Signals and Super Cop at home. When I reorder, I'll do the Super CP serum.

Best,

Lula