Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Day Cover, Titanium Dioxide users Login/Join

<Paula>
posted   Report This Post  
I've been trying to find this info and maybe I'm just overlooking it. But what % of titanium dioxide is in the day cover?

And those of you who use it, what do you think? In terms of getting sun without burning, do you tan or not, etc.
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
1%. So it is not very strong.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Idelle Musiek,
<Paula>
OK, thanks for that info!
Picture of stoney
Hi Summerwave,

I use Day Cover religiously year round as my last step before applying my Bare Minerals which also has a natural SPF 15...

This time of year & in the summer when I am out working in my gardens, I apply Clinique City Block Natural Sunblock...that works for me.

Having lived at the beach for so many yrs. & spending my winters in the islands, I've never really been afraid of the sun. I've always been more afraid of chemical suncreens & rarely ever used them. A good diet with all of the phtyo nutrients from green leafy veggies, I know makes a difference...also I make fresh carrot juice almost every day in the summer...

I never burn & am somewhat fair... I tan easily but have dirty blonde hair & green eyes....I swear & have for years that diet comes into play even with the sun...
Picture of Di
Hi Stoney,
I just bought the City Block Sunblock. I really like it. How much do you use? I'm afraid I'm not getting enough coverage. It's a small tube and I dont want to use too much or too little.
Thank you
SmilerDi
Picture of Di
Hi Diane,
I should probably get the Day Cover also then. I remember I tried it a long time ago and really liked it.

So you have a beagle, how cute. I have a cute little toy poodle named Jasmine. She is so sweet.

I really like the feel of the City Block Sunblock also, and your right it isn't tacky at all, very natural. Thank you so much.

Diane Smiler
<Paula>
What are the sunscreen ingredients in City Block and is the spf just 15? Thanks.
Picture of stoney
Hi Summerwave,

The product is Clinique Super City Block Oil-Free SPF 25...active ingredient is titanium dixide.

I can't find my box that has the sheet with any other ingredients...perhaps Di could help you out with that...
<Paula>
Thanks, Stoney. I just wanted to know the sunscreen ingredients. Sounds good.
Picture of Di
Hi Summerwave
The City Block Sheer Oil Free daily face protector I have is SPF 25 and the active ingredients are Titanium Dioxide 7.3% and Zinc oxide is 6.9%. Hope that helps. Smiler

Diane
<Paula>
Yes it does help, thanks Di!

When I run out of my current ss, I may get one of these.
Picture of Di
Hi Summerwave,
I really think you'll like the City Block Sunblock. I was a little suprised it has a tint to it, but it's real nice, it doen't look like makeup when it's on. I think it's the best sunscreen I have ever used.

Di Smiler
<Paula>
Which is better, City Block or Super City Block? And is the finish good on both of them? I am getting disgusted with the Blue Lizard now that the really hot weather is here - it's so shiny, greasy, pasty, etc.
Picture of stoney
Well, Nothing's ever simple...

It now looks like City Block is SPF 25 & Super City Block is SPF 40...I'm finsihing up a tube of Super City SPF 25 which says no chemical, but you better check with clinque to see if the SPF 40 is also chemical-free.

If you aren't sure, your best off with City Block SPF 25 which says chemical-free on clinique's site...
<Paula>
I just went ahead and ordered Day Cover. I am getting to hate heavy, greasy ss, and I want to look good NOW as well, not just when I'm 80 lol.

Today I am wearing Loccitane spf 20, which has shea butter and titanium dioxide. It's expensive, but I had bought it on a trip to treat myself in the winter. I put on a lot less than I normally would have, but it made it look much better and not shiny. I feel like, if I'm wearing some mineral spf and CP's/antioxidants, and taking them as well, then some sun exposure isn't the end of the world. I am not trying to get a tan, but if it happens, I won't fret.

For example, yesterday I was at the pool, with Blue Lizard coating me. I swam for 30 to 60 min. and then applied a chemical ss. Then I sat under an umbrella for another hour or two while my family swam. I noticed today that I have a light tan and can see my bathing suit line. I did the best I could for sun protection and I'm not gonna obsess about it.

Do you guys think that chemical ss are dangerous really?

Picture of stoney
Absolutey, without a doubt...YES! Maybe not today or tomorrow, but the ingredients in chemical sunscreens get into the liver & are known to be cancer causing...

Did you ever wonder, with all the awareness about cancer from the sun, why so many people today have skin cancer? People are just slathering it on & since they are not burning, they feel they are in control.

Also, Day Cover is great, but you'll need a natural sunscreen on top for the summer months when out doors. Smiler

Picture of Dr. Pickart
In areas of Australia where sunscreen oils were most heavily pushed, there was a large increase in all cancers in 10 years.

There is zero evidence that such oils reduce skin cancer. They do reduce skin burning.
<Paula>
Ohhh. Frowner This is all very frustrating at times , lol. I have been dealing with the ss issue since I was 19, trying to find ones that were "perfect", applying and reapply just right, etc. It can be such a hassle. It's like a choice between Saving your skin (and your looks) or saving time, energy, etc. OK, whine over, lol.

I am just gonna stay indoors as much as I can, and when I go out in the summer sun, wear a hat and use my umbrella when I can. Even if I get the Clinique spf, I know it will be too costly to use on arms and all over, so I might as well search for something natural that's not too $$ and won't make me look like I spackled my skin. Big Grin
<Paula>
Oh, and I'm doubting that ss exists. Usually the better cosmetically elegant ones also use chemical ss ingredients.

Of course I still have the Loccitane, Blue Lizard, and Day Cover to use so far.
Picture of stoney
Don't fret over the sunscreen thing...the sun really isn't your enemy, you just don't want to burn like a lobster, that's where cancer comes in!

On my body I use Dr. Pickart's Suntanning Lotion...I get a nice golden color without burning. If I'm working in my gardens all day, I'll reapply as needed.

I don't mind my body getting some color on my body, but I really do care about protecting my face...mostly from sun damage which causes deep wrinkles & pigmentation.

That is basically why I use a natural sunscreen on my face in the summer over my Day Cover...Day Cover I use year round.

Unless you plan on frying yourself at the beach, Dr. Pickart's Tanning Lotion is nice for your body.