healthyskin.infopop.cc
Oil free sunscreen

This topic can be found at:
https://healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1550055903/m/3670080063

19 July 2005, 06:36 PM
BlueEyes
Oil free sunscreen
Can anyone recommend a good, oil-free sunscreen? The one I use now, (Eucerin Q10 SPF15), makes my face greasy, so that I have to blot it throughout the day to make my face matte again. Thanks in advance! Smiler

~Brett~

"The caterpillar sheds his skin, to free the butterfly within...."
19 July 2005, 06:53 PM
Zuzu's Petals
Hi Blue Eyes!

The Anthelios 40 Fluide Extreme is really light, with not a smidgen [?] of oiliness. You know, I'm liking it even more than the Vichy.

It's technically not legal in the US (well, not legal to advertise, or some such nonsense) but you can purchase it over the internet easily. It's a little pricey, but a wonderful sunscreen (I'm worried that Dr. Pickart is going to jump in and scold me for this. I'm not sure what his take is on some of the Euro ingredients that are not FDA approved in the US.)

But it sure works! My skin has picked up no freckles or spots this summer, even though I spend lots of time outside (I have a little tiger who loves to play outside!)

You know, Blue Eyes, almost all sunscreens have their problems, except, perhaps, for the Skin Bio products, which don't give me enough coverage.

Anthelios is a terrific product. I like Vichy second to Anthelios.

Zuzu

On ne voit pas qu'avec le coeur
19 July 2005, 08:37 PM
KathyC
Yes I can second that. I have the Anthelios Fluide Extreme SPF 60 and have been using it (in place of my Vichy SPF 60) for the past week or two. I like the Vichy as well, but I really like the consistency of the Anthelios and am happy with the protection it provides throughout the hot summer months (but don't get it on your lips - it tastes gross!).

KathyC Smiler
19 July 2005, 08:41 PM
Kathleen
I also really like the new Vichy Gel-Cream SPF 60/PPD 28. It's half the price of Anthelios and doubles as a moisturizer for me. It's not greasy or sticky, I like it a lot!

You can get 100 ml at physea.com for $16 USD.

Kathleen
20 July 2005, 01:17 PM
BlueEyes
Thank you, ladies! Smiler
I think that I will give the Vichy a try for now, (seeing as its cheaper), and perhaps splurge on the Anthelios whenever I am able to. Thanks again! Wink

~Brett~

"The caterpillar sheds his skin, to free the butterfly within...."
20 July 2005, 03:34 PM
Zuzu's Petals
You're welcome. Let us know how you like it.

Zuzu

On ne voit pas qu'avec le coeur
20 July 2005, 05:53 PM
Kathryn06
I really want to try the Anthelios as soon as what I have runs out, which is Neutrogena for Sensitive Skin (titanium dioxide only but other stuff that is probably not so good). Although lately in this heat who wants to go outside? A friend of mine who is a landscape designer so always outside recommends the web site http://www.solumbra.com for all manner of sunscreen products.
22 July 2005, 09:42 AM
ducky
quote:
Vichy Gel-Cream SPF 60/PPD 28

Kathleen would you please post a link to this. I couldn't find it on physea.com.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,