Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
transparent sunscreen? Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
I wonder if there's such a thing as a transparent sunscreen. I can not use zinc based ones because make my pores very large. I was using Day cover and it worked fine, but then i ran out of it, order some more and for some reason the consistency is different now, you can really see the white residue, it is just not good on my face, i lost the count of how many sunscreens i tried.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

3dpimple
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
There are transparent sunscreens but I would noit recommend them. There is no evidence they reduce skin cancer and some evidence that they may increase skin cancer.

A good sunscreen is always going to be pasty.
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Hello 3d Wink

I feel your pain. I have 2 suggestions for you.

1. Stick with the day cover (I really love this product) but first moisturize with squalane. I used to use the day cover alone (I was used to having my moisturizer & sunscreen be combined into one product), but it's a bit hard to spread by itself & really isn't meant to be a moisturizer. Once I tried applying squalane first (love that too!!), it was much easier to spread the day cover and I don't notice any white film on my face. I don't put the squalane on my nose however because I seem to produce enough of my own oil in that area.

2. Try clinique super city block (spf 25). Keep in mind, like the day cover, you need an additional moisturizer first. The clinique product is slightly tinted (skin color when squeezed from the tube), but when it goes on, it really seems very (if not completely) transparent w/ a nice matte finish. I use this one if I'm going to be out in the sun for a good part of the day as it has more protection than the day cover.

Both products use titanium dioxide at the active.

Just my 2 cents. Hope you find something that works for you.

I wish you the best....DeeDee Smiler