Skin Biology    healthyskin.infopop.cc    SKIN BIOLOGY OFFICIAL CHAT FORUM | Free Skin Consultation 1-800-405-1912  Hop To Forum Categories  Products  Hop To Forums  Safer Sunlight for Better Health    Help, did lactic peel then went for a run outside - now face is very red and blotchy

Moderators: Rosy

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Help, did lactic peel then went for a run outside - now face is very red and blotchy Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Hi, I did the peel yesterday -- 5% sal then 40$ lactic. Left on for a long time (but I always do this, every 10-12 days or so). Well had to do a run today and went outside -- 78 degrees. I put on waterproof Nature's Gate SPF 50 (with titanium) very white and pasty face.

Well now I have red blotches, doesn't feel too terrible but looks awful. Maybe the sweat took off the sunscreen. I can handle the uglies just worried that I damaged epidermis and would appreciate any suggestion for skin rejuvenation. I did put SS on and emu oil.

Also, I am outside now a lot for triathlon training. Need a sunscreen that really works, I don't care about pasty appearance.

thanks for the help.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I'd definitely guess that since the running right after the peel was the thing that changed, then that's what caused the redness. Your sunscreen might have washed off, plus while running you were sending a lot of blood pumping to the skin. If it were me, I wouldn't put anything on it except the BHOs. I wouldn't even wash with soap that could irritate it. And I'd stay out of the sun for sure!

(You know, I wonder if the sunscreen itself may also have reacted poorly with the newly peeled skin. Do you usually put sunscreen on right after you peel?)
Picture of SkinBioTeam
Hello Jodevlin,

Perhaps others will share their experiences, but many of our clients stop strong peels and just consider it a rest period during the summer when the sun is stronger. Especially if they spend large amounts of time out in full sun.

The cure for this is to successfully rest the skin using only a light biological moisturizer until things have calmed down.

As the skin starts to calm down from the redness and irritation you can very lightly add back the copper-peptide product that you are using. If it is the Skin Signals Solution, be sure and start back with it diluted 50/50 with water. Just use the products very lightly. I would not use any kind of an exfoliant at this time. Rest the skin.

Remember that since the skin is in layers,sun damage many times will exist in layers in your skin. Copper-peptides will successfully rejuvenate the appearance of your skin if applied slowly. You have not done any permanent damage. Just a setback.

You may want to carefully review: http://reverseskinaging.com/postprocedure.html

Continue with a sun block. You may have to re-apply if your are sweating it off during your training.

Please keep in touch!
~The SkinBio Team

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Idelle Musiek,
Well it looks like you got your drivers license picture just in time Smiler

As SBT stated. Just a setback, no permanent damage.

I don't like giving Yes and NO answers. But training for Triathlon's and strong Summer peels are just a NO, in my opinion. Even with Sunblocks I would say its still a NO. As you found out the protection is not reliable during vigorous physical activity.

Cut back to mild leave ons a few times per week and continue to Sunblock.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Idelle Musiek,
thank you everyone, skin is doing better -- starting to peel. I always wondered why everyone stopped doing acids in the summer. Guess I learned the hard way.

Thanks for letting me know that no permanent damage,

jo