Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
MSM +copper+zinc+vit C complex Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
I properly read all info on several sites(Folligen, Skin Biology, and Reverseskinaging) and forum and have one question. You recommend 1g of MSM and i was able to find this in Solgar skin&nails&hair complex. Can You comment that MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) as Calcium and Potassium antagonist -> lowers the amount of Copper in body?? I found that info in internet.
And another question-how copper from tablet is absorbed by organism in presence of MSM and Zinc if You know that? Solgar incorporate 2mg Copper and 1g MSM, vit C, Zn in 1 tablet.
Here is full list of ingredients:
Amount Per Serving %DV
Vitamin C (as L-ascorbic acid) 120 mg 200%
Zinc (as zinc citrate) 15 mg 100%
Copper (as copper glycinate amino acid chelate) 2 mg 100%
MSM (as methylsulfonylmethane) as OptiMSM 1000 mg (1 g) **
Silicon (as silicon dioxide and L. calcareum [red algae powder]) 50 mg **
L-Proline 50 mg **
L-Lysine (as L-lysine HCl) 50 mg **
**Daily Value (DV) not established

What do You think about MSM and Copper bioavailability in this complex or it’s better to find MSM, copper, vit C alone and without Zn?
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
The best way to take zinc is in a multivitamin/mineral pill. These usually contain ample zinc but little copper.

Then at a different time of the day, take 2 mgs copper glycinate. This way the copper and zinc do not interact and block each other.

MSM can be taken at the same time as the multivitamin/mineral pill.
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Thank You Dr. Pickart! I will change my regimen to take Copper, MSM alone. Simply i thought it is good hair/skin complex(USA made), our pharmacists are mad of it(probably due to money from Solgars marketing)...