Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Much a do about K2 Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
I guess Dr. Pickart is the one to answer this, because this is as much a skin question as a supplemt one.
By all reports the lack of K2 leads to calcification of the elastin in the skin and now further research suggests that collagen also becomes calcified by misguided calcium in the body leading to wrinkled inelastic skin.

Q1 Would the presence of calcification on these tissues make the work of the CP's harder simply because there is a barrier on much of the tissues.
Q2 Does the condition slow cell turnover down making the process of skin renewal so much longer.
Q3 Calcification also appears in the veins so
would clearing the veins make it a better envoroment for the CPs to do their job.

A quick check of my dietry intake tells me I've not only been very deficent in K2 but i have been very overloaded with clacium for a long time. Since I started taking a D3-K2 supplement I have noticed some changes. My skin although strong has had an unexplained stubborn wrinkled appearance for a long time and although I have seen huge and wonderful results using the cps I am wondering if I can expect greater results adding this supplement to my diet.
I have been using the VIP cream and can notice a difference, and I am now hopeful that adding the D3-K2 supplement will push things along much faster.
Thank you DR Pickart
What a wonderful product
Tic Tac
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
One of the problems with calcium is a lack of balancing magnesium. Too much calcium without adequate magnesium can cause health problems.

The best magnesium to take is magnesium glycinate.

Some companies that manufacturer magnesium/calcium combination supplements promote a 2:1 or 3:1 ratio as being ideal for absorption of these elements.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dr Pickart, thank you for your very detailed answer, I am now on a k2 d3 supplement and have been for two months, I am half way through the book on the subject K2 and the Calcium Paradox, (a very good read) and in it the author mentions that a lack of k2 may cause the skin tissues to be come hardened with calcium deposits on the elastin and collagen. I really am questioning weather the gradual removal of this hardening would amplify or augment the already remarkable results Copper Peptides already give.
Kind Regards
Tic Tac