healthyskin.infopop.cc
Vitacost

This topic can be found at:
https://healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9940055903/m/528104596

24 September 2010, 04:47 PM
KimLei
Vitacost
Hi Dr. Pickart. Im currently take msm supplement from NSI. I'm thinking it's Vitacost brand at vitacost.com I'm also thinking of ordering dhea and copper from NSI because it's cheap. I was wondering if brand name matters and what to look for?
28 September 2010, 06:02 AM
stoney
Hi KimLei,

I have heard a many who use this brand. More expensive does not necessarily mean better.

I believe Dr. P uses Costco Brand.
28 September 2010, 05:26 PM
MaxxC
quote:
More expensive does not necessarily mean better.

I can't comment about other vitamins and supplements. However as far as MSM goes Dr. Pickart was asked about different grades in another thread. No difference between the cheap and expensive for the purpose of skin building.

BW Maxx
28 September 2010, 09:52 PM
Dr. Pickart
quote:
Originally posted by stoney:
Hi KimLei,

I have heard a many who use this brand. More expensive does not necessarily mean better.

I believe Dr. P uses Costco Brand.

I use both Costco and Swanson's Vitamins on Internet. But just stick to a major, reputable, low-cost supplier. The larger companies have the resources to check the quality of the products.
24 October 2010, 05:21 PM
Sweets
I tend to check prices at Vitacost, Swanson's, iherb and lucky vitamins. There can be quite a difference and if you subscribe you can get notification of specials and 10% off specials,etc. Call me fickle...
24 October 2010, 06:43 PM
Dr. Pickart
Smart idea!
20 January 2011, 05:46 PM
healthy1
I like Vitacost prices but wondered about some of their fillers like rice flour. Does that keep the supplement from being absorbed the way it should?
21 January 2011, 04:19 PM
Skin Biology
Dear healthy1:

Thanks for posting. Very interesting question, we'll try to look up an answer for you.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
22 January 2011, 04:31 AM
healthy1
I've read where rice flour and magnesium sterate and another one(can't think of it) are used for fillers for it to be more cost effective for the manufacturer. So if you're taking something that has 100mg it won't be fully absorbed..so you would have to take more to get the 100mg.

I started taking Andrew Lessman supplements because there is nothing added. They're expensive but the more I research it, it makes sense.