Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Ubiqunone vs Ubiqunol Login/Join

Picture of amirpana
posted   Report This Post  
which co enzyme Q10 is the best Ubiquinone(oxidized) or Ubiquinol(reduced)?!!! .some companies claim that the reduced form is better and potent antioxidant. Confused?
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Ubiquinone is the oxidized form of CoQ10 and is the more common form of commercially available CoQ10. It is the form that has been used in virtually all published studies and the lowest cost form.

Ubiquinol, the reduced form of CoQ10, is new and more expensive.

The best information that I can find is that there about 210 published articles on positive action of the oxidized CoQ10. The body can easily convert the oxidized form to the reduced form via the Electron Transport Chain used to make energy.

There has been one published study on the reduced form of CoQ10.

I actually tried the reduced form of CoQ10 and noticed no extra positive effect on myself.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dr. Pickart,
Picture of amirpana
thanks Dr Pickart, but Dr Merculla says when a person hit the threshold of the mid 20's the body tries hard to reduce the oxidized Ubiquinone to the reduced Ubiquinol.

Is there any credibility on his claiming?.
Picture of Dr. Pickart
Mercola has many good ideas but he often is just trying to promote and sell his products.

There are over 200 journal articles on positive actions of oxidized CoQ10. The is about one article on the reduced CoQ10.

So, if the regular CoQ10 is working, why take a product that has little proof of any better action.
Picture of amirpana
Thanks Dr.Pickart. I also thought so.