New
Find
Notify
Tools
Stoney, a question about DHEA Login/Join

Picture of Di
posted   Report This Post  
Hi,
I was just wondering how the DHEA is working for you. How many miligrams are you taking? I was thinking about starting it.

Thank you
Diane
Picture of stoney
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Hi Di,

Yes, I would definitely recommend it since your body's ability to naturally produce it starts to diminish after 40...

I started with 25 mg for a month, then upped it to 50mg the 2nd...I'll probably take a little break after that since I think that it may have a cumulative effect (kinds like B12) & can only be measured for optimal levels in your blood thru blood tests... Confused...I think!!! I'll probably go back to 25 mg periodically since I don't have my own lab set up yet to check the levels myself... Laughing...

I do know that I feel "better than ever" & while I hardly ever felt bad before, I can definitely tell the difference!!!... Thumbs UP!...

I also know that it is good for your bones, so you may have your MD to check it for you when go in for your osteoperosis checks ups...

I will approach my husband's dosage a little differently, since he is a man & older than me...his mother suffered from "alzheimer's disease" noticeably starting around 60...we heartbreaking lived with that for 16 yrs ... Frowner...

He is getting closer to that age, so I'm starting to worry about him possibly inheriting that gene... Confused...I also give him Dr. Pickart's recommendation of "Copper" as well...

Anyway, I think you should try it for a couple of months to see for yourself... Smiler...
Picture of Di
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Hi Stoney,
It sounds like it's working for you. I know what you mean about Alzhimers, my dad had it too. I worry about myself getting it. I guess I will only take 25mgs then. I really should talk to my doctor about it first though, since I'm on an osteoporosis prescription.
I was watching the news today and they were talking about using it for fertility in women over 40 trying to have children. It was working, I guess. They also said it could cause facial hair growth and a deeper voice, since it is a hormone Confused?. It must mean if you take really large doses of it. So anyway I was just wondering how it was working for you. Thank you so much!

Diane Smiler