Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Supplement Advice: Everyone, SB, Dr. P Login/Join

Picture of celiavalerie
posted   Report This Post  
Hey all Smiler Let me begin by saying my regime has been supported by my main physician (who specializes in chronic pain as I have hypermobility, shoulder instability, and TMJD) as well as my other doctors (pscy, obgyn, etc) and medical professors. However, I can't seem to nail down more than a "yeah that seems fine" and would like to see what the forum/anyone from SB thought.

I must make it clear again that I am a model, actress, student, and dancer. My body goes through quite a bit as is and I am very slender naturally. I eat a diet rich in colorful fruits/veggies, grains, meat, and as little junk food as possible (not easy at 21)! However, because I am on necessary Rx's (as prescribed ONLY)and hyper-metabolize everything I put into my body (I also feel this relates to how well I've tolerated my skin/hair/nail remodeling without irritation). Clearly with the scripts and my body eating everything up far too quickly, I know I require extra supplementation.

For a few years now I've taken biotin in 5000-10000mcg/day to take care of adrenal fatigue due to my inability to process vitamins very well and a need for the fastest hair/nail growth possible (I know Dr. P has indicated biotin at 2500mcg for nail heatlh). I am now on 5,000mcg biotin, b6 200mg, iron at 325mg ferrous sulfate (double that when menstruating), a at 8000 iu, c at 1g, msm at 2g, flax seed oil at 2g, and a formulated for me multi with copper/b12/d6/k/folic acid/calcium/magnesium. D3 tends to cause higher pain levels in my jaw and therefore I avoid it.

I am aware that this sounds like a lot but I tend towards running deficient and have been experiencing significantly higher functioning of organs, glands, and often mood. I cannot take 5htp due to the slight risk of serotonin syndrome with my medications. I take nothing for my chronic pain though.

Any advice? Changes to make? The larger doses indicate once in the AM, once at night. Though SB and my regime have helped greatly, should I boost my nail/hair oriented supplements due to the amount of damage I incur from work (bleaching, sometimes damaging cuts, coloring, constant polish changes, etc...all of which I avoid as much as possible but much of it is "in the job description". My main issue with my hair now is split ends as once I get it even and bluntly cut by my own stylist, often a set stylist will have to create an uneven cut. I no longer allow anyone but my own colorist to touch my hair color because she is very familiar with my SB regime and lifestyle and has never once caused a burn or further damaged my hair (only rescued it repeatedly). All virgin growth on my head is extremely healthy and fast-paced. My nail health is vastly improved with tin peptides (ffb if I have extra from my scalp, tp nail renewal, and now the tp hand cream which is divine) but even with my long-term regime I do not feel I achieve the growth I could be.

Though I will not go into detail unless PM'd, I must take stimulants for ADD in small doses (not daily, only when it is absolutely necessary), Lexapro for anxiety (10mg), a sleeping aid (required but not nightly, only on very bad TMJD days because this particular one has ceased my clenching and grinding which broke too many bite guards), and loestrin (both for birth control and for hormonal regulation). I take nothing for my pain and avoid non-daily Rx's unless absolutely necessary.

Thanks!
Picture of stoney
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I thought I was seeing double...LOL

Then I read further, and can verify that I am NOT a Model, NOT an Actress, NOT a Student & NOT 21. Although I do a little dancing, but mostly around the house with my Beagle. Looks like it was just a brief moment of wishful thinking... Laughing

On the supplements, you seem to be on a lot of different Rx's for various reasons. It is hard to recommend supplements for that reason, especially since you are young. You may want to take 500 mg of Vit C , but beyond that I am not sure what to suggest since you have other issues going on.

It would be best to get the majority of your nutrients from WHOLE Foods. It seems you are making a point to eat healthy, but try to get off the Rx's if at all possible - that would be your best bet for long-term health.

Good Luck My (other) Twin!... Smiler
Twin Stoney Monikers. Is she chewing on her arm or eating corn?
Picture of stoney
quote:
Originally posted by MaxxC:
Twin Stoney Monikers. Is she chewing on her arm or eating corn?

Hmmmm, Must consult Wikipedia on this one?... Confused?
Picture of amirpana
The Avatar is a genuine authentic logo for Stoney & CO.

Should not be duplicated, otherwise we'll file a lawsuit against the perpetrator Laughing
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear celiavalerie:

Depending on a person's individual health and the recommendations from their physician, they may want to try a few other suggestions.

If small changes in your diet (or taking certain supplements) work for you, then great! You may not need everything. You may be able to narrow things down to just the essentials.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
Picture of amirpana
جميل و مفيد Thumbs UP!
quote:
جميل و مفيد

quote:
The Avatar is a genuine authentic logo for Stoney & CO.

What does that mean: ? and useful.

Stoney I'm sure appreciates the gesture. Not as heartfelt as cutting off ones own ear. But I'm sure she is gushing Smiler

I though frivolous lawsuits were an American pastime LOL
Picture of amirpana
I haven't the slightest clue, how this arabic phrase landed in this forum. May be i was chatting with a colleague of mine at work and simultaneously logged on to the skin biology forum.

Yes MaxxC,

جميل و مفيد means "Beautiful and Useful". It's clearly out of the context of this thread. Laughing

Sorry.

PC, Have you downloaded an Arabic-English translator ?! Confused
Hey Amipana No I don't have one downloaded. I just thought it looked cool and was curious what it meant. So went to a international online translator.

It translated: Jamil and useful. So I knew the first word did not translate directly to English. Funny though I did think the word Jamil might be "pretty" or "delicate".

Not a bad guess Smiler
Picture of Dr. Pickart
You could try using each day in addition to your regular supplements:

Chelated copper (copper glycinate) 4 mgs
Flaxseed oil 2 grams
MSM 2 grams

This sounds very simple but the MSM and Flaxseed help many people.

The role of copper in the body is poorly understood.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
Picture of celiavalerie
Thank you so much, Dr. P Smiler I will up my chelated copper as I was at half that before. Same for Flax Seed oil and MSM. Lots of VERY useful info there.
<okayy12>
posted   Report This Post  
hey celiavalerie, don't know if you've read about Alpha Lipoic Acid.
It's the one that renews the other antioxidant,.

There's a page about Alpha lipoic acid in SB. I found it very useful and clear.
Picture of celiavalerie
Thanks, Okayy Smiler I'm now on a few more (CO-Q, Folic, higher doses of MSM/Flax Seed during sheds, back to 2x daily biotin, etc) and have been waiting on my order of ALA. Let you know how it goes Big Grin So stomach upset. Feeling good. Can't wait to get my ALA Big Grin