Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Oil cleansing method Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Hello, I am really enjoying using your products. Emu oil is proving to be an invaluable inclusion with the cp serums. I am interested in your thoughts about the OCE - oil cleansing method. I currently using the gentle clean cleanser.

Thanks Sandra
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
What is OCE?

Many cultures throughout history have use oils, such as olive oil, to cleanse skin.
OCE, is called the oil cleansing method
Picture of stoney
Hi Sandeebee,

I have been uing the OCM and like it very much.

Here is some info on it. Castor Oil is the KEY in a base of Olive Oil/ Jojoba or Sunflower Seed Oil. There are other carrier oils you can use as well.

This helps with making the blend for your skin type:

http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/
Hi, yes I have done my research and will look into using this at some stage as my new cleansing routine. Thanks
A word of warning though... I used the OCM for about two weeks (and had the most beautiful skin of my life!) and then ...the worst breakouts ever.

My conclusion is that this can be a great method, and works great for some people, but for me - I can only use it once a week or so or I will have huge, deep painful cysts ALL OVER MY FACE.

So go slow and be careful, ok?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
I use OCM with coconut oil only. I have fine textured skin without blemishes thats normal. No dry patches, no oily T zone. Ive not found it necessary to use castor oil in my mix. I get a good cleanse without. It removes makeup perfectly and leaves my skin soft and moisturised. I wont bother with any other type of cleanser.
Like KayLove, I used OCM for about 10 days, nightly. Then very bad clogs rose to the surface. I stopped using it immediately. From more research I think I used too much castor oil as someone on the website stated "castor oil can be very cleansing, and to be careful." I didn't feel like experimenting on my face any longer.

Now on LacSal and Super CP Serum, it's been about 6 weeks and the clogs are almost out. The unaffected skin is beautiful and the pores are shrinking and I'm seeing less "gunk". While the OCM seems to be theoretically correct in that "like dissolves like", I had my own natural oils that I was fighting. I use Sebum be Gone on the days where I use mineral makeup.

Keep everyone posted on your progress with OCM!
Kelley