Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The benefits of MSM Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Hello, I have taken up your advice and am now taking a daily supplement of 1000mg Vit C and 3000mg MSM (was on 1000mg for 3 months). Along with Evening Primrose oil. Its interesting that MSM is not widely known as being beneficial to the skin. Can you please explain why you believe it is useful to use along side your CP products.
Thanks.
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
MSM supplies available sulfur to the skin. This is always in short supply in the body. The water-holding proteins and sugars contain significant sulfur.

MSM is also very safe and probably as much as 100 grams daily is safe in humans. But I only recommend 1 -2 grams daily. It has been used for decades to improve the health and hair of race horses.
@Dr. Pickart

Have you ever heard of MSM supplements making someone's skin produce more sebum? I added 1g of MSM and 100mg ALA to my daily routine a few weeks ago, and now my face is producing insane amounts of oil. I'd like to stay on the MSM for hair improvements, but am worried about any other possible side effects.
Picture of Dr. Pickart
Try using less MSM or take it fewer days per week.

This is not a bad sign. Your skin is acting more like teenage skin but teenage skin produces high levels of sebum.
That makes sense. Would Skin Signals and/or Exfol help with the extra sebum?