Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Opinions about FRAGRANCE oils on the skin? Login/Join

Picture of Rossana
posted   Report This Post  
I absolutely love flowery fragrances and I cannot find any essential oil with the fragrances I want (which are Lilac, Iris, Honeysuckle, Violet and other sweet flowers).

Vice versa I can find many fragrance oils. Their price is typically low, like 6$/1oz (for instance on ebay).

I have read very different opinions about fragrance oils. Some say they are all a bunch of chemicals that can be very bad for your skin, others say that they might not give benefits like essential oils do, but if properly diluted in oils or lotions they should be ok.
I would love to add few drops of floral fragrance oils to the oils I put on the skin from time to time, but I am a bit scared to put something toxic on the skin.

Does anyone know more about fragrance oils? (or has anyone ever tried them on the skin)?

Thanks in advance for any opinion!!!!

Life is too short to remove USB safely!
Picture of stoney
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Rosanna, Have you tried the Jasmine scent? In Hawaii, they make beautiful flower leis out of jasmine flowers....very fragrant & sweet... Cool

You will smell like the night air.
Picture of Rossana
Hi Stoney, thanks for the tip.
I have not tried SB Jasmine, I thought that since it is recommended for men it is not sweet and flowery. I will get a sample of it on my next order. Thanks again.

Picture of Skin Biology
Dear Rossana:

Perhaps you've tried this fragrance before, but another option for a light/airy scent that works great for layering is our Body Perfume in Pheromone Only Scent.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
Picture of Dr. Pickart
quote:
If you're going through hell, keep going!!

Dear Rossana,

Where do you get your theology from? "U-turns, going to Hell, etc. Is this from a book?

I am about ready to start collecting it.
Picture of Dr. Pickart
quote:
Originally posted by Rossana:
I absolutely love flowery fragrances and I cannot find any essential oil with the fragrances I want (which are Lilac, Iris, Honeysuckle, Violet and other sweet flowers).

Vice versa I can find many fragrance oils. Their price is typically low, like 6$/1oz (for instance on ebay).

I have read very different opinions about fragrance oils. Some say they are all a bunch of chemicals that can be very bad for your skin, others say that they might not give benefits like essential oils do, but if properly diluted in oils or lotions they should be ok.
I would love to add few drops of floral fragrance oils to the oils I put on the skin from time to time, but I am a bit scared to put something toxic on the skin.

Does anyone know more about fragrance oils? (or has anyone ever tried them on the skin)?

Thanks in advance for any opinion!!!!

$6 an ounce is very cheap for a real plant oil fragrance.
Picture of Rossana
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Pickart:
Dear Rossana,
Where do you get your theology from? "U-turns, going to Hell, etc. Is this from a book?
I am about ready to start collecting it.

Haha yeah I have been a huge fan of quotes since I was a child. When the Internet did not exist (at least in my house) I used to go read all the quotes that were typically collected on the last pages on all the dictionaries in the house, in Italian, English, Latin, Spanish, French and German.

Some quotes are so so wise!

Now I collect those that I find most significant on a text file, there are several websites I love, such as quotegarden.com brainyquote.com and giga-usa.com. They collect them grouping by topic too, which is nice.

The previous quote that I had as a signature "Remember, if you’re headed in the wrong direction, God allows U-turns!" is by someone named Allison Gappa Bottke
This one "If you're going through hell, keep going" is by Wiston Churchill.
I thought the latter is perfect also for skin treatments Smiler

Picture of Dr. Pickart
Thanks! For a time I thought you were a new La Jolla philosopher.

Also, these are good quotes for doing scientific research.
Picture of Rossana
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Pickart:
these are good quotes for doing scientific research.

Here is one that is perfect for research:

You see things and you say ‘Why?’, But I dream things that never were and I say ‘Why not?’
- G.B. Shaw

Smiler

Picture of amirpana
Rossana ,

what does it mean "10 types of people......."?!
Picture of Rossana
Hey Amirpana,
well that is a little joke because in binary 10 is equivalent to the decimal 2 (it is 0 * 2^0 + 1 * 2^1, that is 2).. just a little nerdy joke. I read it once on a T-shirt that a guy was wearing in my Computer Science department, when I was in school in Florida Smiler

Picture of amirpana
quote:
Originally posted by Rossana:
Hey Amirpana,
well that is a little joke because in binary 10 is equivalent to the decimal 2 (it is 0 * 2^0 + 1 * 2^1, that is 2).. just a little nerdy joke. I read it once on a T-shirt that a guy was wearing in my Computer Science department, when I was in school in Florida Smiler
. I got it you mean two types of people according to binary language(0,1)... Are you computer freak!! Bravo! Thumbs UP!
Picture of amirpana
quote:

$6 an ounce is very cheap for a real plant oil fragrance.
Really cheap compare to an ounce of Asian Oud around 700 dollars.