Skin Biology    healthyskin.infopop.cc    SKIN BIOLOGY OFFICIAL CHAT FORUM | Free Skin Consultation 1-800-405-1912  Hop To Forum Categories  Products  Hop To Forums  Scents & Attraction    How do pheromones affect interactions with homosexuals/bisexuals?

Moderators: Rosy

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
How do pheromones affect interactions with homosexuals/bisexuals? Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Hello Waving...

Does anyone have any stories to tell regarding the effect of pheromones upon gays/bisexuals?

I've read all the posts and have seen several references to how the different scents reportedly affect the genders, but I'm assuming that the recommendations are based upon heterosexual interactions (for sexual interest...I'm not talking about trying to reduce animosity with same-gender co-workers). If certain scents have been shown to attract men to women or women to men, have those same scents been shown to affect gays/bisexuals?

My former roommate works part-time for different shows backstage at a large metro theater, and during the run of any given show, she's in regular contact with many gay/bi men and has developed friendships with several. We were discussing pheromones and the question arose about whether a scent that normally attracts straight men to women would also "turn the head" of a gay man towards a woman. I don't think she's trying to turn a gay man straight or would want to be with one who only liked her for her smell; I think the best way to say what she's interested in doing is setting an amiable environment to sift out the ones who could be interested in her as a woman, and would like an extra "edge".

This question is probably best asked on a forum relating to sexual scents as opposed to social scents, but I thought I'd start here. Does a scent that attracts a man generally attract most men, regardless of the orientation of the man and the gender of the wearer? Or would a woman notice a better reaction from a gay man by wearing a scent that's been shown to attract women to men? (Please note that I said "attract" and "reaction", not fall in love and want to start a family; it's not my intention to start any debates on the ethics or futility of trying to make someone something that they're not Big Grin)

The list I saw that rated the scents as to their effect (strong, moderate, low) on men and women only listed the SB-74 (Stealth) as having a strong effect on both genders. What does anyone think about this one as an experiment?

Who's first?
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Our pheromones are social pheromones that have been use used for thousands of years in religious services, weddings, and family gathering.

They are not specific sexual pheromones but studies find that they help induce calmness, relaxation, and friendliness while reducing conflict.