Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Some commercial perfumes DO work Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Hi,

I just wanted to point out that some commercial perfumes are still made with essential oils and do have genuinely attracting properties. In general, if you can buy it at the local chemist and it's cheap then it's synthetic. The more expensive fragrances are made with a mixture of both essential oils and synthetic chemical compouds.

Fragrances that I know are still made with essential oils are Joy by Patou (rose and jasmine), Bal a Versailles by Jean Despres, Samsara by Guerlain (both sandalwood based) and Ciara by Revlon in the 100% formula (rose and sandalwood). I suspect that Jean Paul Gaultier (the original formula) is too. Whenever I wear Joy I get a positive response from both men and women. The first few times I wore it I kept wondering if the zip on my jeans was undone because I kept noticing both men and women staring at me. I get very positive responses from men when I wear Bal a Versailles, Ciara, or Gaultier, and my siamese cat who is very sensitive to fragrances, purrs like crazy whenever I wear Gaultier. If you buy the parfum or eau de parfum of Shalimar by Guerlain, this too is still made with essential oils, but stay away from the inexpensive eau de toilette that is available in any Priceline or My Chemist in Australia for under $30, it's definitely synthetic. Although Shalimar is supposed to be an ultra sexy fragrance everyone thinks I'm wearing baby powder when I wear it, however ocne again my siamese cat really likes it, he finds it very calming and so I wear it to bed for his sake.

Anyway the point of all this is, that you get what you pay for when it comes to perfumes, and don't judge a perfume by the cheapies you smell in the chemist stores. Research fragrances on Basenotes to work out what might smell best on you, then go to a good quality fragrance store to try on eau de parfums rather than eau de toilettes. Stick with the upmarket brands or the older fragrances. Due to the ease with which synthetic compounds are available, nearly all the newer fragrances will be made with 100% synthetic compounds, and definitely all of the celebrity fragrances fall in this category. Many of the older fragrances have been reformulated to include synthetic compounds, and due to animal cruelty, ingredients such as civet and musk have been synthetic since the 60's. Nonetheless, eau de parfum and parfum strengths are normally made with a combination of essential oils and synthetics.
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I don't know much about perfumes. I do find the ingredients used in some higher end perfumes "interesting".

When my wife and me first got married in the mid 80's there was a retired Chemist from Elizabeth Arden who had a shop in one of the local tourist towns and made his own perfumes.

Hands down the strangest ingredient he used was Placenta from pregnant Mountain Lions. Totally disgusting, Totally cool Smiler

Maxx
Picture of Dr. Pickart
The studies on perfume effects on penile and clitoral blood flow changes in response to perfumes all gave expensive perfumes a very low rating.

The candy "Good and Plenty" and "real" cucumber smell were most effective.

But the essential oils we use are more of "social pheromones" that improve human feelings and interactions.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
In your professional opinion, would putting a Cucumber in the pants and pouring "Good and Plenty" in the pockets be the best way to attract women Wink

BW Maxx
Picture of Dr. Pickart
It would be worth a try.
Although the expensive perfumes may have rated low on the scale of blood flow, many of the essential oils that you use in the body perfumes and calypso's oils are genuinely attracting. I 've chosen to highlight perfumes that are based on some of those same oils such as jasmine and sandalwood. I'm not necessarily saying that they work as well as the products you have available, but that some expensive scents are based on plant pheromones and do work. Also, many of these perfumes come in fragranced body lotions which makes using them on larger areas of skin to mix with ones own pheromones quite easy and relatively inexpensive. Another option is to add some of the perfume to your favourite unscented lotion and use it that way.

Not everyone may like the fragrances of the caylpso's oils, body perfumes or perfumed bdoy lotion that are available, and for people who already have a favourite perfume it's nice to know that an alternative might simply be buying the pheromone only product and adding some good quality fragrance based on essential oils to it.

I've ordered a couple of the body perfumes (haven't received yet because I only ordered them a few days ago)and I'm really looking forward to using them, but even if they work brilliantly I'm not going to be giving up my favourite perfumes altogether.

Lastly, I worked in the sex industry for 10 years and based on my personal experiences, I can honestly say that the right good quality perfume on the right woman can be genuinely arousing.
Picture of Dr. Pickart
Our choice of fragrances was based on studies that found these oils calmed and relaxed people. We also stuck to oils with a strong historical background of being used in family gatherings, religious ceremonies, and marriage beds.