Skin Biology    healthyskin.infopop.cc    SKIN BIOLOGY OFFICIAL CHAT FORUM | Free Skin Consultation 1-800-405-1912  Hop To Forum Categories  Products  Hop To Forums  Scents & Attraction    Female wearing Patchouli (male scent), will this turn off men?

Moderators: Rosy

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Female wearing Patchouli (male scent), will this turn off men? Login/Join

Picture of Model_Dr
posted   Report This Post  
Hello,

I recently stop wearing patchouli oil since I’m trying more feminine oils instead. I understand that it’s mostly a scent to be worn by men and can be found in many men’s designer perfumes. I can’t help it, I love Indian Patchouli the best and I wear it very well, so I was told. Would this be “pheromone wise” repulsive to “hetero” men if a female wears a men scent?

Thank you for your time,

Regards,

Heidi K.
Picture of Model_Dr
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Thanks Deb,

I'm aware that the pheromone are not identified but I always wondered since I know many men's fragrance have Patchouli. Either way it's doesn't matter since most people around me love the way I smell and that's what's important!!

You use a massage bar, what do you mean by that? I went to massage school and don't remembers such a device. Please specify, I'm interested!! Is it the type of sticks used in Rolfing?

Heidi
Picture of Kathryn06
My BF also hates the ylang ylang and nutmeg. He likes the lavender. There IS that chart on the Reverse Skin Aging Web site that rates the relative attractiveness of these various scents according to male and female attraction potentials. I always sort of thought of that as more anecdotal than anything else.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
Picture of Model_Dr
Deb:

Thanks, I will look it up!

Heidi

quote:
Originally posted by DebbieNIR:
I think it is very individual what a man or woman finds attractive in a fragrance. There are so many unisex fragrances on the market now as well.

I don't think of patchouli as male and obviously neither do the people who smell your perfume!

The pheromone comment that I made came from you asking if patchouli "phermone wise" would be unattractive to a male. Since patchouli is not the pheromone, I didn't know if you knew that the pheromone they use is SB-74 (the same pheromone in every formualtion).

Well, all I can say, is it was opposite over here! David loved anything patchouli and hated my Calypso's oil sample with nutmeg and ylang ylang!

I should have been more clear about the massage bar. LOL It is a solid bar that you use instead of an oil. It melts when it touches the warm skin releasing gorgeous oils and emolliants. The one's we bought were handmade at a specialty shop, here in Canada, called Lush. I think they have a website, as I have many US friends that are nuts for Lush products.

The shop sold about 10 differnt bars. This particular one had patchouli and some other scents that were lovely. It had an orchid (fresh) attached to the top of each bar.

Ahh...divine by candlelight!

Deb Smiler