New
Find
Notify
Tools
New Free Romantic Perfumes from Skin Biology Login/Join

Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Report This Post  
New Free Romantic Perfumes from Skin Biology

These are two perfumes based on actual published science. For a limited time, we will offer these two free (not counted as a bonus) with orders. This are each in a 8 milliliter sprayer - one each of the Women's and the Men's.

But you must send an email to customerservice@skinbiology.com requesting the perfumes along with your order.

Romantic Perfume Oils

FOR WOMEN
Our special blend of Anise, Licorice, Pumpkin, and Lavender Oils

FOR MEN
Dab on our enticing new fusion of Pumpkin, Licorice, and Lavender Oils

Become irresistible.

Studies by Alan Hirsch and Jason Gruss (Smell and Taste Treatment Research Foundation, Chicago, Illinois and University of Michigan) found that expensive perfumes are much less effective than many essential oils and common foods. They studied effects of different scents on sexual arousal of males and females by comparing their blood flow in sexual- aroused tissues while wearing scented masks and while wearing nonodorized, blank masks. Expensive perfumes increased blood flow by only 3%. In contrast the combined odor of Good & Plenty and cucumber caused a 40% increase in sexual arousal and many other scents worked better than perfumes.

I don't know if these will do anything, or cause increased interpersonal problems and strife, or lead to a New Age of Love and Understanding..........

See: www.reverseskinaging.com/pheromones4.html
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Is this scent available to purchase as a full size product? I do not see it listed.
Picture of SkinBioTeam
Hello Raine,

We haven't placed the new perfumes for sale yet. Is there one that you prefer? We always appreciate your feedback.

Keep Smiling
~The SkinBio Team
The Romantic Perfume oil for women. I got the free sample and LOVE it. I want a full size bottle when it becomes available.

FOR WOMEN
Special blend of Anise, Licorice, Pumpkin, and Lavender Oils
Picture of Summer Breeze
I just received my free sample of the romantic perfume. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. This one is a home run! When will a full size be available? Bravo! Thumbs UP!
Picture of Dr. Pickart
We are still collecting client feedback.

The main question we have is: "Are the perfumes too strong? Should they be diluted?"
Picture of Summer Breeze
My opinion is that when the inital spritz is first applied......it is strong, but the aroma softens and fades considerably within the first few minutes. If you do end up diluting it, please dilute it just a tad. LOL I really do like this one! Bravo!
Picture of oskyz
I actually think all the perfumes are 'too strong' when spritzed. So what I do is just spritz the air and then rub the remaining perfume directly on the skin from the spray bottle.

Then, yes, let it settle in like SB says.

I got the new sample, but haven't 'tested' it yet. I'm going to an event next week and will do so then. (I may put each the SB-74 on one arm and the new one on the other. I did this with SB-74 and Jasmine and SB-74 was the resounding winner. I only ask men.
Picture of oskyz
If diluting it would still allow it to last a long time, I personally would recommend dilution. Much more subtle.

For example, the smell of the new perfume (licorice etc) is already gone after 12 minutes, using the method I used I put it on when I wrote this.

When in the hand lotions, these seem to have the right level and last long.
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear oskyz:

Thank you for your feedback.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
Dr. P - I really like it but I'm not sure it lasts like your other scents. I put some on today, late morning and I can no longer smell it--I put it on my wrist. I can tell you that the day before that I put it on and our receptionist walked back to where I was and exclaimed "Something smells really good!" I didn't tell her it was me but I'm sure at some point she'll figure it out.

PS, I ordered it when I order some of your other products--I thought there would be cucumber in it because of how SB described the study but I didn't see that in the ingredient list.
PS--I am talking about your new Romantic scent.
Picture of oskyz
First, I concur with Sabrina that the new romantic scent does not last as long as the others. (easy enough for Skinbio to test that out at the office). However, I think the level of the scent is right.

Second, I had an idea that might solve my earlier dilemma on the SB-40 being so strong that I sprayed the air: have a bottle with a stopper instead of a spray. Then people could better control the amount of perfume that they put on. I plan to put my romantic scent into my unscented P&R cream.

MY MARKET TEST:
I went to an event recently and wore the SB-74 on one wrist and the new romantic one on the other. Yes I waited until they faded to a more subtle scent (though SB-74 was still a touch stronger)

I asked 5 different men (it was a small event) which they preferred for 'attraction'.

4 of 5 picked the new romantic scent.

Also, my mother says lavender is a scent that reminds her of old ladies/grandmothers.

Well, one of the men that picked the lavender/licorice/pumpkin one as the more 'attractive' scent, paused after his decision, then said thoughtfully "It reminds me of my grandmother".

People started laughing and said he must have a strange relationship with his grandmother. Was very funny.

Speaking of scents, I found this data published. Note that scents were the most important thing for a woman in a man's attractiveness, but I knew that. What they also said:

http://www.mydaily.com/2011/01...-choosing-a-sex-par/

Dr. Alan Hirsch -- the same guy who found that the smell of pumpkin pie really gets a man heated -- discovered that American women find some strange scents sexually appealing, and that the scents actually vary based on region.

The study tested women in 10 major cities and reported that while New York women love the smell of coffee, ladies from the Twin Cities go wild for cut grass.

Why the difference? "Research has shown that when women are in the presence of a preferred scent, they are more likely to project positive feelings on those around them, which can lead to increased attraction," said Hirsh, who is actually director of something called the Smell & Taste Treatment Research Foundation.
Below, check out the 10 cities Hirsch studied and the scents that ranked first for women. ...

1. New York – coffee
2. Los Angeles – lavender
3. Chicago – vanilla
4. Houston – barbeque
5. Atlanta – cherry
6. Phoenix – eucalyptus
7. Philadelphia – clean laundry
8. Dallas – smoke and fireplaces
9. San Diego – suntan lotion and the ocean
10. Minneapolis-St. Paul – cut grass

Hmmm...
Picture of Dr. Pickart
I am from Minnesota and lived in Minneapolis for 5 years. The "cut grass" is probably more a "taste" acquired from crops grown for hay such as alfalfa and clover.

Alfalfa does smell great right after it is cut with a mower.
Picture of oskyz
Interesting...I don't know the differences in types of grasses, but cut grass was my strongest reaction to the above list, and I get a joyful feeling. It always meant that summer had started.

I also read that people with a poor sense of smell (allergies?) have a more difficult time attaching. Makes sense to me!

I love your focus on these social scents. Much more 'logical' to me than just wearing perfume.
Picture of LadyBookNut
Received the romantic scent for women as a sample and I love it! Agree with Summer Breeze about the scent diminishing quickly, but maybe that's part of the subtle appeal of essential-oil based scents. It only smells strong for a few seconds.

Not crazy about the spritzer. It seems to go everywhere then I just sort of rub it in. Was it oskyz who recommended a stopper bottle? That's what I've used with Essential Oil blends from Mt. Rose Herbs and that worked well.

Botttom line: Great job, Dr. Pickart & Skin Biology staff. This scent is fantabulous!
Picture of SkinBioTeam
Hello and Welcome to our forum LadyBookNut,

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy you enjoy the scent of our Romantic Perfume for Women.

Keep Smiling
~The SkinBio team
Picture of Skin Biology
Romantic Perfume Oils for Women and for Men are now available for purchase!

ENJOY
Picture of LadyBookNut
Hooray! Thanks, SkinBio Team.

Now that I've used the spritzer a few more times I do prefer it over a stoppered bottle.

You just have to give it a quick, firm squeeze and it gives a nice mist.

Looking forward to giving the Romantic Perfume for Men to my husband for his birthday.
Picture of amirpana
quote:
Originally posted by LadyBookNut:
Hooray! Thanks, SkinBio Team.

Now that I've used the spritzer a few more times I do prefer it over a stoppered bottle.

You just have to give it a quick, firm squeeze and it gives a nice mist.

Looking forward to giving the Romantic Perfume for Men to my husband for his birthday.
Are you planning to include romantic perfume in CP's for face as an aftershave essence?