Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Scents that women like on men Login/Join

Picture of taylorwilliam
posted   Report This Post  
I was bored today and stumbled into this forum and started reading up . . . and now I would like to try out one of these scents. There seems to be a pretty big "back and forth" in the sense of which scents attract which sex. I have read through the website and understand they suggest Jasmine and Patchouli to attract women. But I wanted to get a consesus on what fragrance women like the most (on a man).

Question:
What scent attracts you (women) the most if a man were wearing it?

Choices:
Jasmine
Patchouli
Lavendar
Ylang Ylang & Nutmeg
Asian Oud

posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Good idea Taylor! SB did a pole on which scent do you like. But they never specified rather it was a Scent you like on yourself or on the opposite sex.

I wear the Basic at work. My wife loves the Patchouli on me so I wear on our days off when we are both at home. I mix it 50/50 with Basic as I find the Scented to strong.
Is the Basic unscented or is it just the pheromone scent? I'm not familiar with this part of the line yet. Thanks.

I wear patchouli myself Smiler Love it.
Picture of Rossana
I am female and have bought Asian Oud. It is very good but I personally find it more for men.
I like smelling it on me too but I think I would love it even more on a man. So I put my vote for the Asian Oud Smiler

Life is too short to remove USB safely!
Picture of Skin Biology
Great poll Taylor! We are interested to see how people respond...

Dear Sweets:

Just to clarify, yes Calypso's Oil Basic is completely unscented. The Calypso's Oil Pheromone Only does have a perceptible fragrance.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
Taylor. The Basic is "unscented" it does have a very slight scent but I have to put my nose right next to the skin to smell it. Nothing anyone is going to notice.

I haven't tried the Pheromone but they say it does have a scent of some type. Its not suppose to be a sexual scent just a calming scent. Probably not what you are looking for or me either Frowner

I'm probably going to have to look for something different. My wife loves the Patchouli, I don't care for it, but I have had some aggressive kind of comments by women when I wore it. Please go away I'm just here to shop.

I tried the Jasmine as well and found it less to my liking then Patchouli. My wife likes it on herself so it worked out fine.

BW Maxx
Picture of taylorwilliam
Hey everyone, glad to see this poll is getting some attention.

Would it be a good idea to apply both the Calypso's Oil along with a cologne (I usually wear Acqua Di Gio) or would this create a bad mixture? Can anyone give an explanation of the scents? (the "unscented" Calyso's & the pheromone ones)

Hey Max, funny how you got "aggressive comments" from women. Do you mean in a complimentary way? Like any young single guy I want to gain as much of an "edge" as possible, I certainly don't have problems with girls so I don't want it to the point of being constantly pestered and in my experience the ones that come on too strong usually aren't real winners...

Thanks,
Taylor
quote:
Hey Max, funny how you got "aggressive comments" from women.

The one I remember the most was when I was shopping at the Grocery store. This girl was between me and what I need on the shelf. I said excuse me and reached past her for an item.

She turned to me and said "You smell good"....paused for a second then in a deep sexy voice said "I mean really good". I didn't say anything and just kind of backed away. Would have been "oh yeah" when I was single but the whole thing just kind of made me feel uncomfortable. Later on I just laughed about it. Very strange and kind of cool since she I'm sure I was old enough to be her father. I've had young chicks that aggressive before but never sober. LOL

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MaxxC,
Picture of Rossana
quote:
Originally posted by MaxxC:
in a deep sexy voice said "I mean really good"

LOLLLLLLLLL I picture the scene hahahaha Big Grin

Picture of taylorwilliam
If someone could eloborate on the difference between the oil & lotion that would be great. Does the lotion have less of a potent scent so that it can be applied more?
Picture of Rossana
The oil is the less powerful scent. Then the lotion and then the perfumes which are the strongest scent Smiler

Picture of stoney
I can't help out on what smells "best on men to women" since my husband goes unscented.

The body lotions have fairly strong scents. While I love Ylang Ylang/Nutmeg in the spray , the lotion is a little over powering. Lavender in the lotion is my fav... Big Grin... So here is my trick, I use the YYNM lotion on my leges & Lav everywhere else. It creates a kind of "attracting, calming balance"... that seems to work out fine for me, anyway.

Also, since the Suntanning lotion smells kind of funky... Confused...I add Lav Calyposo's Oil to help it out. Any essential oil of your choice should work.
Picture of Skin Biology
quote:
Originally posted by taylorwilliam:

Would it be a good idea to apply both the Calypso's Oil along with a cologne (I usually wear Acqua Di Gio) or would this create a bad mixture?

Dear taylorwilliam:

Perhaps others will chime in with their thoughts, but for many clients the Calypso's Oil Pheromone Only seems to be the preferred "layering scent".

It works well in combination with other fragrances if you have a cologne that you like to use and are looking to add more dimension to it.

What some clients like to do is apply a bit of the Calypso's Oil/Pheromone Scent after bathing (which works well as a moisturizer also) then they apply their favorite fragrance on top.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
Picture of taylorwilliam
Last week I added Calyso's Oil - Patchouli when I placed my order to stock up on cps . . . Wow, talk about a stong manly musk. I didn't try it in a social situation . . . too strong and just not for me. But I did have a girl I have been seeing smell it and she described it as not being "the greatest scent" but sparked some emotions she "couldn't describe"??? I didn't tell her it has pheromones in it. So next time I think I'm just going to get the pheromone only oil and layer it with a cologne and see if it will spark those indescribable emotions again . .
Picture of Dr. Pickart
Patchouli was original used in the 1900s as a anti-moth agent on cloth being shipped from India to Britain. But British women fell in love with the scent and it became a perfume.
Picture of taylorwilliam
That's interesting Dr P. I remember reading that in Asia (China I think) they used it for a variety of medicinal uses, and just figured it derived from that through a sort of aromatherapy. The India to Britain "trade" link makes better sense, I sent the oil to my father who has stong English roots and I recognized it as something he used to wear so I'm sure he'll like it.

Does the Pheromone Only have a scent? If so, can you (or anyone) give a description at all?

Thanks,
Taylor
Picture of Rossana
quote:
Does the Pheromone Only have a scent? If so, can you (or anyone) give a description at all?

I have pheromone-only lotion.
It has a very mild scent. I quite like it, but it does not evoke any "indescribable sensation" in me Smiler
It is hard to describe it.. it reminds me of some old cosmetics (especially powders). My grenny used to keep old unused loose powder makeup.. talking about 20++ years old cosmetics, they would get a particular scent (they were most likely bad for the skin because they were too old, but their smell was not bad.. just characteristic).
I would also resemble the scent of it to some women lotions. To me its more for women than for men.

But thats just my own perception of it, its clearly very personal Smiler

I could not find the patchouli scent anywhere? Confused Does SB no longer offer it...? My favorite too.
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear Sweets:

Yes, we still do carry the Patchouli scent in the following products:

Calypso's Oil
Skin Biology Body Perfumes
Protect & Restore Body Lotion

Go to "Choose your options" and you'll find a toggle button where you can select "Patchouli".

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
Picture of Dr. Pickart
We are going to put a perfume together with the "Good & Plenty"(TM) scents and cucumber scent.

These scents rated the highest in the studies on perfumes.

These should be ready in about three weeks.

http://reverseskinaging.com/pheromones4.html