Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Sandalwood oil scent Login/Join

Picture of TropicMD
posted   Report This Post  
I purchased the sandalwood calypso oil and I do like how it rubs in well without a greasy, oily feeling. But...

...the aroma is gone in less than 2 hours! And I put on a LOT! All over my legs, arms, torso, everywhere.

Speaking of aroma, this doesn't smell like sandalwood at all. I have genuine sandalwood oil which is rich and heady. This oil smells more like a sweet baby oil.

Has anyone tried the oils vs the perfumes? Which one works better for lasting fragrance and attraction? Thanks
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
We are trying to use the best sandalwood oil that we can purchase. The oil we use costs wholesale $800 for 8 ounces.

The best evidence that I can find indicates that the positive actions of essential oils like sandalwood arise from hundreds of different oils in the mixture but not from the one type of molecule that imparts the smell.

Pure essential oils all seem to have a very mild scent. But fragrance companies often just use the specific molecule that provides the smell of the oil. This is cheaper and provides a stronger smell but loses the social and calming effects of the pure oils.
Picture of Rossana
TropicMD, one possibility is also that your nose may get used to the smell and after a while you do not smell anything any longer, but others can (supposing they have not been close to you for the all time).
This happened to me with various scents and even before 2 hours.

Life is too short to remove USB safely!
Picture of Dr. Pickart
Many pheromones activate the human brain even though the person is not consciously aware of any scent.

The key with these products is to observe the behavior of persons around yourself.

For example, if I use the Jasmine Skin Biology product, many women smile at me or just start talking to me.
Picture of Rossana
The subliminal power of the smell indeed is sooo fascinating. I guess its our ancient animal instinct.
I read somewhere long time ago that the most important factor in the instinctive attraction is the scent, and not the eyes like many people think, just because the smell goes unfiltered to affect our brain, so we kinda respond to it in the "animal" way like our ancestors used to do Smiler

Life is too short to remove USB safely!
Picture of Dr. Pickart
The basic idea is that unconscious and more primitive areas of the brain play a key role in emotions. Your ability to like someone is dependent on their pheromone smell.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limbic_system

The limbic system (or Paleomammalian brain) is a set of brain structures including the hippocampus, amygdala, anterior thalamic nuclei, and limbic cortex, which support a variety of functions including emotion, behavior, long term memory, and olfaction.[1] The term "limbic" comes from Latin limbus, loosely translating as "border" or "belt".

The limbic system operates by influencing the endocrine system and the autonomic nervous system. It is highly interconnected with the nucleus accumbens, the brain's pleasure center, which plays a role in sexual arousal and the "high" derived from certain recreational drugs. These responses are heavily modulated by dopaminergic projections from the limbic system. In 1954, Olds and Milner found that rats with metal electrodes implanted into their nucleus accumbens repeatedly pressed a lever activating this region, and did so in preference to eating and drinking, eventually dying of exhaustion.[6]
quote:
Originally posted by Rossana:
The subliminal power of the smell indeed is sooo fascinating. I guess its our ancient animal instinct.
I read somewhere long time ago that the most important factor in the instinctive attraction is the scent, and not the eyes like many people think, just because the smell goes unfiltered to affect our brain, so we kinda respond to it in the "animal" way like our ancestors used to do Smiler

Ha, like bees to a flower Smiler
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Pickart:
Many pheromones activate the human brain even though the person is not consciously aware of any scent.

The key with these products is to observe the behavior of persons around yourself.

For example, if I use the Jasmine Skin Biology product, many women smile at me or just start talking to me.

Oops, I meant the bees/flower comment for Dr. Pickart.