Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
CELES with Ethylhexyl Palmitate Login/Join

posted
To Dr Pickart and/or the SkinBio Team:

I want to mix CELES oil with Ethylhexyl Palmitate to create a more moisturizing version of your basic Calypso's Oil. I would use it right out of a bath or shower during the drier seasons. I wanted a professional opinion on this. I think Ethylhexyl Palmitate would add more slip and lubricity to CELES, which would be ideal for body application.
Would you recommend mixing Ethylhexyl Palmitate with CELES? If so, what percetntage of each should be used? What is the percentage of Squalane to Ethylhexyl Palmitate used in Calypso's Oil?
Also, I noticed you no longer carry your basic Calypso's Oil. They've only been available with phermonones or scents. Was the basic version not selling?

Posts: 37 | Location: New York | Registered: 06 October 2008Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear Juventus:

Thanks for posting your questions!

You can mix a bit of Ethylhexyl Palmitate into Dr. Pickart's CELES Oil. That is not a bad idea...especially since you will be using it for advanced body moisturization.

In fact, our Calypso's Replenishing Oils (for body moisturization) contain Ethylhexyl Palmitate for this very reason.

We're sure Dr. Pickart will reply with a suggested ratio that will work as a good starting point.

But yes, we've found that Calypso's Oil Basic (or the Unscented version) was just not as popular as the pheromone-infused oils.

Clients who loved the unscented version have switched over to CELES Oil or they mix a bit of CELES into Protect & Restore Body Lotion (Basic / Unscented) and have found that this works wonders on the body area!

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello SkinBio Team,

Thanks for the feebback! I will try the CELES/P&R Basic Lotion mixture in the colder months.
Also looking forward to Dr. Pickarts response.

Thanks.

Posts: 37 | Location: New York | Registered: 06 October 2008Report This Post
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
The Calypso's Oil was not selling.

Celes Oil is the best oil that I can think up. The lanosterol esters and cholesterol esters are very helpful on skin and have had a great research reputation for many years as a possible anti-aging drug, but their high cost limited their use in skin care products.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,

Posts: 7065 | Location: Skin Biology | Registered: 15 September 2004Report This Post