Skin Biology    healthyskin.infopop.cc    SKIN BIOLOGY OFFICIAL CHAT FORUM | Free Skin Consultation 1-800-405-1912  Hop To Forum Categories  Products  Hop To Forums  Skin    Strong acids: products from expensive manufacturers any different?

Moderators: Rosy

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Strong acids: products from expensive manufacturers any different? Login/Join

Picture of Rossana
posted
I am running out of my stronger acids. I use salicylic (20% - I want to try the 30% now, just for my nose pores) and lactic (60%, I add some to lacsal).
I found here that Platinum Skin Care was mentioned as an example of manufacturer for stronger acids.
Right now my acids come from Ebay (from very popular sellers that have very good feedback). I noticed that Platinum Skin Care prices are multiple times the average on ebay.
I was wondering if anyone has experience comparing products from Platinum Skin Care with other less expensive acids. Are the much higher price motivated by significantly higher quality? Can the manufacturing of acids vary a lot, to motivate such a difference in prices?
Many thanks in advance!! Smiler

Life is too short to remove USB safely!

Posts: 474 | Location: Eden Prairie (MN) | Registered: 07 February 2010Report This Post
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
Platinum Skin Care has been a very good group for a long time. The danger of EBay products is you that you often have no idea of what you are buying and strong acids can be dangerous.

You also need very explicit instructions on how-to-safely-use the products.

Posts: 7065 | Location: Skin Biology | Registered: 15 September 2004Report This Post
Picture of Rossana
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dr. Pickart!
Another thing, do you recommend stronger buffered acids or weaker non-buffered ones?
Thank you!

Life is too short to remove USB safely!

Posts: 474 | Location: Eden Prairie (MN) | Registered: 07 February 2010Report This Post
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
Well, it really depends on the pH. The lower the pH, the more scar tissue is dissolved. A well buffered acid will be active longer.

Posts: 7065 | Location: Skin Biology | Registered: 15 September 2004Report This Post