Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Removing Dead Skin Login/Join

posted
I used Exfol Cream last night and it was a great experience; very easy to apply and so mild. It was so mild, in fact I doubted it would work! But when I cleansed my face the next morning, a lot of dead cells started to come off my face. The more I rubbed my face, the more dead cells I saw in my hand. Is there an effective way to remove these dead cells?

BTW: Exfol Cream works great on blemishes. I had a large mark on my forehead and it looks smaller (appears to be about 75% of its original size).

Thanks,
SM8

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,

Posts: 8 | Location: Miami, FL | Registered: 28 June 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
SMB,
Gentle use of a microdermabraion cloth will remove the dead skin.

Posts: 665 | Location: new york | Registered: 28 June 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the great suggestion. I wanna use the microdermabrasion cloth on Sunday nights. Do you think it's a good idea to use CP right after using the cloth?

Posts: 8 | Location: Miami, FL | Registered: 28 June 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
SMB,

Most of the time, I use cp after exfoliating with the cloth. The cp will penetrate the skin well. But be careful. You can remove too much skin if you rub too hard. If your cp burns a lot after you have used it, then you were too aggressive. Let the exfol/glycolic acid do the work of loosening dead skin and use the cloth to remove the dead skin that has been loosened.

Posts: 665 | Location: new york | Registered: 28 June 2007Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear SM8:

Thanks for posting your feedback on Exfol Cream! Clients have had great success with that product for years now.

It helps loosen up dead skin cells at a much deeper layer than simply using a manual method of abrasion (although the microdermabrasion cloths are good too).

What some clients do is use Exfol Cream daily and use their micro cloth once/twice a week. That way they are sloughing off manually what the hydroxy acid has been able to loosen up.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biolgoy

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post