Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Retna A and CP used together? Login/Join

posted
Does ,anyone know if I can use CP along with my retna a? I want to start using the CP for wrinkles and dry skin. But , I do not know what to buy or how to use them. Can someone please give me some advise on what would benefit my skin. My skin is not sensitive , is very dry, and has tighting,it is begaining to sag.

Posts: 2 | Location: USA | Registered: 14 February 2014Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear LaFaughn:

Thanks for posting your question!

Please feel free to research our information on the following topics:
Anti-Aging Skin Care: What Truly Works - See: www.reverseskinaging.com/wrinkles.html
Achieving the Look of Firmer Skin Now - See: www.reverseskinaging.com/tighten.html
Moisturizing Dry Skin Using Biological Oils and Copper-Peptides - See: www.reverseskinaging.com/dry.html

You can use use retinoic acid products and copper-peptides together. These two products have been used together by our clients for quite some time and we've found that a number of techniques seem to work quite well. See Dr. Picart's post at:
https://healthyskin.infopop.cc/...630029825#1630029825

If you do try to use Retin-A together with copper peptides, test on a small area first. Do not use LacSal or another hydroxy acid (no need to use the hydroxy acid product).

The best/simplest way to start using the products is just to use your copper-peptide product of choice in the AM / and in the PM use your retinoic acid product.

.......................................................................................................................................

PRODUCT SUGGESTIONS:
Here's a plan to see what copper peptides can do for your skin in helping turn back the clock for a more beautiful appearance.

The key to youthful-looking skin is the use of a good method of exfoliation (with hydroxy acid and/or manual abrasion) + copper-peptides. Keep in mind that consistency and patience are vital.

Here is a suggestion on how you can start using the products:

AM Use:
AM - After cleansing the skin, apply a light amount of Skin Signals Solution (an effective copper peptide formula combined with peptides from enzymatically hydrolyzed elastin and collagen). The application should be so light that it just barely covers the area without leaving the skin excessively wet or damp.

Optional Tip! Afterward you can use a light amount Two Timing Tightener (an exceptionally light DMAE Tightening Serum based in aloe vera gel).

PM Use:
PM - After cleansing the area, apply a light amount of Lactic Power 10 (a 10% hydroxy acid exfoliators). Wait about 20-30 minutes before you apply anything on top.

Around the eyes: Use Skin Signals Cream very lightly by applying an extremely thin layer underneath the eyes and on the outside areas of the eye. Use under the brow bone to help lift the appearance of the upper lid area.

What to order? Try our comprehensive Skin Firming Trial Kit. Sample sizes of Skin Signals Solution, Skin Signals Cream, Two Timing Tightener and Lactic Power 10 are included in this kit. Contact 1-800-405-1912 for more personalized assistance.

See the following links for other suggestions:
Tips on How to Use Copper-Peptides Properly

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LaFaughn:
Does ,anyone know if I can use CP along with my retna a? I want to start using the CP for wrinkles and dry skin. But , I do not know what to buy or how to use them. Can someone please give me some advise on what would benefit my skin. My skin is not sensitive , is very dry, and has tighting,it is begaining to sag.

Retin A and our copper peptides work well together. In the past, women wanted to try our skin creams on their skin. They later reported that their skin looked much better when they used both copper peptides and retin-A or both copper peptides and hydroxy acids.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,

Posts: 7065 | Location: Skin Biology | Registered: 15 September 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
What is the exact name of the product that would work well with the Retna A. I do not have sentive skin,but it is VERY dry.

Posts: 2 | Location: USA | Registered: 14 February 2014Report This Post
Picture of SkinBioTeam
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LaFaughn:
What is the exact name of the product that would work well with the Retna A. I do not have sentive skin,but it is VERY dry.

Dear LaFaughn,

I know you are looking for a specific recommendation, but there are several options that would work very well. Hopefully these guidelines will help.

Most of the time Retin-A and hydroxy acids aren't used together. Most clients will either use one or the other, but not both. Some alternate use of their retinoic acid product with our mild hydroxy acids such as LacSal.

At times we've had confusion over retinol products and Retin-A. Retinol (retinyl-palmitate) is a lipid replenisher or moisturizer - It is very different than Retin-A. Retinol will add oil or lipids back into the skin and many times can cause breakouts for those with combination-to-oily skin types. For those clients, it may be better not to use products with retinol in them. However, most clients do not experience irritation or sensitivity when using this lipid replenisher. Retin-A, or retinoic acid, is the acidic version of vitamin A. Although both Retin-A and retinyl-palmitate are derived from vitamin A, they act very differently. Retin-A (which is prescription only) can cause a dryness and many find that their skin is much more sensitive to it.

Dr. Pickart says, " Put on the Retin-A. Then the copper peptides. No wait is needed."

As to how to layer the retin a with copper peptides, it depends upon whether your retin a is a cream or a gel. Dr. Pickart makes it very simple. He says, '"The confusion is caused by the CP Serums and Creams.

With the serum copper peptides, apply them first and then the Retin-A. The Retin-A gel will push the CPs into the skin.

With the CP Creams, things are more complex. The Creams with their fatty molecules may block the Retin-A uptake in the skin. So here, if you want a good Retin-A uptake into the skin, use the Retin-A first."

So if your retin a is a cream, you would apply it first and then layer with your copper peptide Cream. If you are using a copper peptide serum, then you would apply it first and then the retin a gel.

We would welcome a call into our office. You can speak with one of our Customer Service Representatives for a personal consultation. Our toll free number is: 1-800-405-1912.

Thank you for your question.

Keep Smiling,
~TheSkinBioTeam

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBioTeam,

Posts: 535 | Location: SkinBioOffice | Registered: 23 December 2009Report This Post