Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
question on product usage..... Login/Join

posted
I'm using the Skin signal on clean skin in the morning, I wait several minutes and then add emu oil, after it absorbs I add the skin tightener. Is the order I'm using these products ok? I'm also using the LacSal at night and usually nothing else over.
THanks!

Posts: 6 | Location: TX | Registered: 15 November 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Really hoping for a reply, Smiler

posted Hide Post
Metra - I don't know the answer here although it seems that the Emu with it's "oily" base would shield the TTT from actually doing it's thing.
I use SS and also use the TTT over it. I do not use Emu - too much for me. I do apply Daycover over the TTT. I've read you can use the TTT at night - effects tending to be cumulative....
I am sure you will hear from the Skin Bio team or another more knowledgable member about this.

Posts: 81 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 15 May 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Metra. Here is the deal. Emu Oil will buffer anything applied on top. The Algae aspect of TTT does not penetrate the skin and blocks or buffers anything applied on top.

I'm not sure but I don't know how those two could be used in combination, when applied at the same time, without one buffering or limiting the effect of the other.

Possible move the EMU Oil to the P.M. and apply 20-30 minutes after the Lascal.

Posts: 2118 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 06 February 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies, MY problem is my skin is very dry so just using the skin signals in the morning just isnt enough. I was hoping I could use the emu oil at the same time.

Picture of stoney
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Metra:
I'm using the Skin signal on clean skin in the morning, I wait several minutes and then add emu oil, after it absorbs I add the skin tightener. Is the order I'm using these products ok? I'm also using the LacSal at night and usually nothing else over.
THanks!

I think this is what Dr. Pickart suggests, applying TTT last. Do you notice a tightening effect when you use it in this sequence Metra... after CPs/Emu?

If so, I'd say you're good to go... Thumbs UP!

Posts: 2846 | Location: Maine | Registered: 30 March 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure I feel a tightening but I need to use it on clean skin so I can compare.

posted Hide Post
Why don't you try one side of your face on top of EMU and the other side clean skin - for a few days to see if you truly notice effect one way or the other? It just seems to me that the EMU base would limit the TTT effect.

Posts: 81 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 15 May 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Taylor I believe posted a question about applying CP's over the TTT since the Pepha-Tight component does not penetrate the skin but sits on top and buffers or prevents the penetration of anything applied on top. Similar to how Titanium Dioxide does not penetrate the skin. I believe Skin Biology responded that the surface of the skin would need to be cleansed with warm water to remove the Pepha-tight component to allow CPs to easily penetrate. I could be wrong about that but am fairly certain the information is accurate.

So I think its a chicken or egg situation where there would be some compromise if both are applied at the same time.

Ok here's the post found it: https://healthyskin.infopop.cc/...=705101146#705101146

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,

posted Hide Post
DOes the ttt contain the Pepha-Tight component? THe info said it was an amber color and the ttt is more of a clear color so I wondered if it did, Thanks so much for the links, great info!

posted Hide Post
Metra I just noticed that Pepha-tight was the algae component of TTT a few weeks ago:

http://store.reverseskinaging.....asp?ProductCode=100

Picture of stoney
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MaxxC:

So I think its a chicken or egg situation where there would be some compromise if both are applied at the same time.

Actually, this is probably the case here Maxx...

I must admit that I do NOT really use TTT since my skin has tightened up beautifully from CPs & probably my natural & supplemental intake of Vitamin C.

I just may start using it though for the long term effect. This will be one of those things that I will not pay much attention to, but just let it take it's course.

Sweets, I see you point on Emu hindering it's absorption when applied on top. But I do not how far it has to absorb to work... Confused?... Also Emu will slow the uptake, not totally block it.

Oh what tangled webs we weave?... Laughing...all in the name of YOUTH!

posted Hide Post
stoney have you been using cp's for a long time. THe skin tightening is really what I'm hoping will happen and patience isn't one of my virtues. I know it'll take time.
Still not sure how to use the ttt, I think this morning I'll use the skin signal and then just the ttt over. I also wonder if I could put a generic moisturizer over like Atopalm, no actives in that product.
Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate the replies.

posted Hide Post
quote:
But I do not how far it has to absorb to work.

Thats what I am unsure of as well. How deep the DMAE component needs to penetrate to be effective.

Metra 4 step program to quick skin tightening:

1) Skin Signals either Serum or Cream.

2) Two Time Tightner. DMAE component works slower like a vitamin. Effects are gradual, cumulative and work over time. Also has antioxidant properties. We've discussed the Pepha Tight component already. Most use TTT during the day for the quick tightening but it can be used at night to build on the cumulative effect.

3) Supplements of Vitamin C and MSM. Vitamin C is what allows Collagen to Tighten and MSM, sulfa is used to build the collagen proteins. Divide the doses of Vitamin C between A.M and P.M, since the body can't store Vitamin C.

4) Optional but Facial exercises over a period of a few months can do wonders at strengthening underlying muscles and adding volume to the face.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBioTeam,

posted Hide Post
Maxx:

If I use SS serum and the DMAE in the morning, will they offset the loosening effect of supercop 2x on the skin? I use the 2x at night all over my face, because I want to do intense rejuvenation in the winter.

The skin on my face is a little loose sometimes because of the 2x; when I don't use 2x, I do not have sagging, so I am not trying to correct sagging from aging.

Also, I guess if one uses the DMAE serum before the SB sun protection products, it will prevent the copper peptides and other helpful agents in the products from benefiting the skin, won't it?

In addition, I was thinking that maybe the DMAE serum can prevent the skin from absorbing the active chemical ingredients and the zinc oxide in some sunblocks. What do you think?

Posts: 665 | Location: new york | Registered: 28 June 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
1) Kitty I use the DMAE for the exact reason you mentioned. To help offset some of the looseness during intense rejuvenation. Helps but won't totally offset.

I really don't believe adding SS Serum will help. If anything adding an A.M. Copper Peptide to your P.M SC2X would only add to the looseness. Its adding more Copper Peptides to skin that is already overwhelmed by Copper Peptides.

2) The DMAE penetrates its the quick tightening component, Pepha-tight that sits on the surface and buffers penetration. You can remove that part with warm water.

Some of the Nano micronized type Zinc oxide can penetrate the skin which we don't want for various reasons. Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide though don't work by penetrating the skin and absorbing UV. The stay on the surface of the Skin and Reflect UV rather then absorb.

Picture of stoney
posted Hide Post
Agreed Maxx, I am not so sure you can block micronized zinc from entering the skin? It would be best to avoid it altogether from a safety standpoint.

I like when you reiterate many of my thoughts. You are so much more convincing than me. Perhaps it's that "male nurse thing" you have going on Big Grin -or- maybe it's just being an intelligent male?...either way, I like it!... Thumbs UP!

DayCover is a GREAT product for daily use. I think it is often underestimated. I LUV it & can't live without it... Love

So, I decided to incorporate TTT in my AM regimen.

1.) Cleanse – Dr. Pickart Cleanse mixed with my daily Microdermabrasion Wash
2. Wipe face SA 2% Pads and/or Exfol Serum
3.) Skin Signals Solution/ Emu
4.) TTT
5.) DayCover

Not sure if this is the most effective way to use?... Confused?... but like Sweets, I always apply DayCover last so the Titanium Dioxide is on top – I find it works as a GREAT makeup primer as well.

Also, Even though the CPs in DayCover may be blocked by the polysaccharides in TTT, that is okay since I use it more for the moisturizing with Skin Signals as my CP which goes on 1st.

I will try this method with TTT and see if I notice any benefits over a couple month period.

posted Hide Post
quote:

Some of the Nano micronized type Zinc oxide can penetrate the skin which we don't want for various reasons. Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide though don't work by penetrating the skin and absorbing UV. The stay on the surface of the Skin and Reflect UV rather then absorb.

Maxx:
Thanks for responding. I know that the micronized mineral particles are very small and the nano ones are even smaller, so they probably can't be blocked by anything in the DMAE serum. I was actually referring to the chemical blocks like homosalate and octocrylene and the un-micronized zinc oxide. I know that unmicronized zinc does not penetrate the skin, but does it not interact with the skin and prevent the copper from being absorbed?

I was wondering if the DMAE serum could prevent the unmicronized zinc from coming in contact with the skin.

Zinc is a better sunblock than titanium because it protects throughout the entire UVA spectrum, while titanium dioxide does not. But zinc can be a problem for those of us who use copper peptides. I have used the SB suntan lotion, which I think has more titanium than the day cover, and it was not enough protection.

If I use a zinc oxide block during the day and wash my face very well at night, do you think there will still be zinc on my skin, enough to compete with the copper peptides?

Maybe Dr Pickart knows the answer to this question.

Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
You should use some sort of block under the zinc sunblock. TTT would do this as the mucopolysaccharides would act as a glue-like substance over your skin.

Posts: 7065 | Location: Skin Biology | Registered: 15 September 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the response Dr Pickart. I have a bottle of TTT which I have never used because I didn't feel that I really need it. Now I won't have to throw it away. I believe the zinc oxide sunblocks protect skin that is prone to melasma and hyperpigmentation and is sensitive from retin-a and other strong acids better than titanium dioxide but I have not used a zinc block since I started using cp again a few years ago.