Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Am considering Ulthera for brow lift Login/Join

Picture of oskyz
posted
Hello all, it's been a while, hope you are great!

I still use my CPs religiously. SkinSignals, with a little supercop 2 mixed in. Plus manual exfoliation cloth, exfol, and every 2 weeks a light glycolic peel. Mixing in retinA again, am finding that it does add to the mix. Plus occassional breaks and alternating Vit C serum for a day a week.

Plus face exercises, including for the eyebrows - been almost 2 years with those, not religious, but consistent and think they are important.

I love my skin, but my eyebrow droop continues a bit. So I am looking into Ulthera for the upper brow area.

Ulthera goes deeper than copperpeptides and needling - 4 mm deep (I don't needle anymore since I overdid an area on my leg and got an awful rash that took 9 months to get rid of).

Anyone done this? I read a ton on 'Real Self' and most have had some or no results, only 1 felt it was worse. Sounds very very painful, but this would just be a small area.

Posts: 559 | Location: USA | Registered: 20 October 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Ouch 4mm? Crikey! I haven't heard of this but would like to hear others experience about it.

Which exercises are you doing for the forehead?

Posts: 29 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 15 February 2012Report This Post
Picture of oskyz
posted Hide Post
Forehead/eyebrow combo of Carol Maggio and Eva Fraser.

They do help.

And re Ulthera, per Realself.com reviews, it is incredibly painful, yet only a small fraction of doctors give local anesthetic. Topicals no good because light is focused deeply. High satisfaction rate and no downtime. $1500 for 'brow area'.

posted Hide Post
I've been doing Carolyn facial fitness and flex effect and when I started I had no wrinkles unless I raised my eyebrows pretty high now I have lots of ripples and a few etched in lines:/ not excited about that. It could be normal ageing or could be the exercises.
I'm going to check out this procedure. Looks kinda promising?Smiler

Picture of oskyz
posted Hide Post
Smellycat,

MaxxC taught me a modified version of forehead exercises where I hold my forehead 'flat/still' with my 4 fingers while doing the 'lifts'. Thus you work/strengthen the muscles in the forehead and avoid wrinkling the forehead.

Thus I still don't have wrinkles there. Plus CPs. Of course,you never know for sure...?

I will let you know if/when I do Ulthera - right now I give it a 75% chance, but just for the browlift. Don't want the pain of the whole face, and I really only need the brow lift. Plus some concerns re fat loss (can't tell if real or theoretical), and not such a worry above the brows as elsewhere.

For women the nurse said they only do the outer half of each side of the forehead to raise the outer half of the brows.

They say it takes 3 months to know, since the initial tightening (if any) wears off. If I do it, I think it will be within 2 weeks or so.

posted Hide Post
Ahhh I'm going to try that with the forehead exersizes. I've noticed that other exersizes for eyes and cheeks it's very hard to not use my forehead. I may look into nuface and see it that helps. My forehead has gotten very strongSmiler
Can't wait to hear your update on the procedure.

How long have you been using skin signals cream? I just started using it hoping to avoid sub fat loss.

Picture of oskyz
posted Hide Post
I truly lose track of time, but I think it has been 2.5 years since I started with SkinSignals serum, and then maybe 1.5 since I switched to SkinSignals cream also. I tended to do both. Now instead I mix a little supercop in the SkinSignals cream, since I want 2nd gen peptides too.

I do think SS cream is a great product for maintaining tight skin as you age. I also think RetinA 3 times a week adds a look of dewiness/plumpness for me.