Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Nerium Login/Join

posted
Dear Dr. Pickart, SkinBiology team and forum members,

I'm curious to know what your knowledge/thoughts are about Nerium skincare.

An old friend of mine sells it, and I had never heard of it until she mentioned it to me yesterday.

I read over the ingredients, which honestly looks like everything but the kitchen sink, but would still like to know what anyone knows or thinks about Nerium.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated as always.

Posts: 140 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 12 September 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like an MLM to me.

Posts: 237 | Location: Nashua NH | Registered: 07 March 2010Report This Post
Picture of SkinBioTeam
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nerium

Dear Pinkdeverish,

Dr. Pickart has posted a response to a question on this product in this thread:

Dr. Pickart? Your opinion on NeriumAD please !

In that link you can go to the ingredients in the products. One of the ingredients is: - Nerium Oleander Leaf Extract. I have spoken with Dr. Pickart about this product before and he sent me to Wikipedia to read about the plant itself.

Nerium

He told me he would not recommend it for the skin.

Thank you for your question.

Keep Smiling,
~TheSkinBioTeam

Posts: 535 | Location: SkinBioOffice | Registered: 23 December 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much for your reply!

I will never stray from Dr. Pickart's products, because I know they work and I feel good for the first time ever about the products I'm using on my skin. My curiousity never ends though about why other lines use potentially toxic ingredients.

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to respond with links for additional information!

Have a beautiful day Smiler

Posts: 140 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 12 September 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Any strange name that comes up in the field of cosmetic it's best to do a google search i.e., Nerium..do a google on that and you will see ample evidence of MLM's hand. MLM's in cosmetics and any other items they promote should be carefully research because only those at the very top who have started the pyramid make money. There is absolutely no research other than what they've contrived.

Posts: 237 | Location: Nashua NH | Registered: 07 March 2010Report This Post
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
From Wikipedia

Nerium oleander is an evergreen shrub or small tree in the dogbane family Apocynaceae, toxic in all its parts. It is the only species currently classified in the genus Nerium. It is most commonly known as oleander, from its superficial resemblance to the unrelated olive Olea. It is so widely cultivated that no precise region of origin has been identified, though southwest Asia has been suggested. The ancient city of Volubilis in Morocco may have taken its name from the Berber name oualilt for the flower.

Oleander is one of the most poisonous of commonly grown garden plants.

I don't know why anyone would build a product name around a very poisonous plant.

Posts: 7065 | Location: Skin Biology | Registered: 15 September 2004Report This Post