Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Makeup Login/Join

Picture of Watermelon
posted
Hi ladies! Smiler I'm looking for some suggestions on noncomedogenic makeup options. I figured since everyone here is most likely trying to take very good care of their skin that you all might have some words of wisdom to share with me.

At the moment I am considering trying out some Physicians Formula Mineral Wear products, such as the talc-free foundation, powder (with SPF 30!), and concealer. Has anyone used any Physicians Formula products before? Or are there others you might recommend instead? I am trying to stay away from Bare Minerals products though, as I've read that the bismuth they contain can cause irritation and breakouts.

I would appreciate any input you could offer! Big Grin

Posts: 79 | Location: Texas | Registered: 11 July 2010Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear Watermelon:

On the following thread (www.healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6870034833/m/2370074534?r=2370074534#2370074534) a client did briefly discuss her experience with Physicians Formula and other products. You may find this helpful.

And our page on What Everyone Should Know About Makeup and Skin Skin at: http://reverseskinaging.com/makeup.html will be helpful in maintaining the health of your skin no matter what makeup you decide to apply.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post
Picture of Watermelon
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the links. Smiler

I've decided to try the products, and hopefully my skin will tolerate them well.

Picture of stoney
posted Hide Post
Watermelon, I will share a few secrets... Smiler

I use Every Day Minerals. Their products do not contain some of the questionable ingredients as you mentioned which includes mica.

They claim mica is very dangerous when inhaled which has always been a concern for me.

The Med Intensive Concealer is bomb & the best concealer I've ever used. I actually use it with an ultra fluffy brush all over my face for super light coverage after concealing.

I also like Vicki's Radiant Creation on my cheeks...makes me glow Big Grin without looking like I have anything on my skin.

Still hiding some of my scars though Embarrased, which I HATE...but eventually I plan on having scar-free skin. That has been my goal all along.

Posts: 2846 | Location: Maine | Registered: 30 March 2008Report This Post
Picture of Watermelon
posted Hide Post
Thanks Stoney! Smiler Everyday Minerals was actually the other brand that I was deciding between, but I went with Physicians Formula since I can find it in drugstores near me. Are Everyday Minerals products available in stores, or are they only online?

So far my skin seems to be doing fine with the Physicians Formula foundation/concealer/powder, but I noticed that the powder has zinc oxide in it. Is it a bad idea to use this powder alongside CPs? Confused? I like it because it's 30 SPF, and I thought that maybe since I was putting it over foundation and concealer it might not reach far enough to cause an issue. Should I opt for something else?