Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
DMAE Smell ? Login/Join

posted
Hi
I have been using Two Timing Tightener (TTT) along with other Peptides for a while now. The first TTT I ordered had a distinct fish smell. The subsequent ones still have that smell but somewhat masked by a natural perfume. The smell is not that bad, and I don't mind it at all. It goes away in a matter of seconds.

The other day, while I was ordering vitamins from Swanson Health, I noticed that they had a DMAE serum too (Swanson Brand DMAE Serum). It says it contains DMAE Bitartrate, squalane etc. The price (Only $9.99) for 30ml (1oz) got me curious, so I added it to my cart. I thought I would try it out.
Well, the Swanson DMAE Serum has absolutely no fishy smell, which makes me wonder what percentage of DMAE it really has. It does go on very light and is not greasy at all, though.

1. My first question is, does DMAE always smell fishy?

2. What is the difference between Amine and Bitartrate? Some websites say the former is better and some say the latter. It is confusing.

Thank You

Posts: 12 | Location: NY | Registered: 10 December 2011Report This Post
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
DMAE is the smell of fish at concentrations above 2.5%.

And the active DMAEs all have a fish smell, as far as I know.

We look at the DMAE bitartrate but our did not work as well as the pure DMAE.

Posts: 7065 | Location: Skin Biology | Registered: 15 September 2004Report This Post