Skin Biology    healthyskin.infopop.cc    SKIN BIOLOGY OFFICIAL CHAT FORUM | Free Skin Consultation 1-800-405-1912  Hop To Forum Categories  Products  Hop To Forums  Skin    What is the best way to deal with excess skin while losing weight?

Moderators: Rosy

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
What is the best way to deal with excess skin while losing weight? Login/Join

posted
I've lost 50 pounds and have significant sagging skin, and there is still more to lose.

I know about the things you're suppose to do while you lose weight to make it not as pronounced, but what can be done after the weight is already lost to encourage the skin to reduce in size and tighten up?

Posts: 7 | Location: US | Registered: 18 December 2011Report This Post
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
Skin is tightened as new collagen and elastin is put into the skin. The copper peptides help reduce your skin's look of sagging.

Look at http://reverseskinaging.com/tighten.html and http://www.reverseskinaging.com/pictures.html

1. Many women and men have had good results in reducing loose skin or excess skin after weight loss. It is slow but usually works and several people have avoided recommended surgery to remove skin. Some women said they got a mini-breast lift and decided not to have a surgical lift.

2. Start with Trireduction Cream in the morning and or LacSal Cream at night. (You can use either cream in the morning or evening, but this is the order most people use.) Let your skin adjust to this. Just rub the cream on the skin. If there is initial stinging, it will diminish with time but use less if it is a problem.

3. Later, get a stronger hydroxy acid like a 15% to 30% lactic acid or glycolic acid and use this in the evening.

4. After a time, some people use a hydroxy acid in the morning, a SRCP at noon, the hydroxy again about 6 pm, and an SRCP at night. Your skin may be on the edge of irritation so back off if irritation becomes too intense.

5. You can later switch to stronger products such a 30% lactic acid or glycolic acid and Super Cop cream but be careful of irritation. For stronger hydroxy acids, see our Re-Sellers. The
process will take six months to a year but you should start seeing an improvement in about 2 months.

6. The same procedure will reduce the appearance of blemishes.

7. You can use the products all over your body.

8. If your skin seems to become loose, use less of the products. Remodeling is the process of removing old and damaged skin and putting in new skin. But new skin can be created only so fast, so just slow the process down.

8. If your skin is dry, use either Emu Oil for Skin or Retinol in Squalane as a moisturizer.

9. Daily supplements of 1 gram of MSM, 2 gram flaxseed oil, and 1 gram vitamin C also help.

10. Combining the above with heavy exercise gives the best results.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,

Posts: 7065 | Location: Skin Biology | Registered: 15 September 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The website doesn't appear to have all the products you mention, or I can't figure out what you're talking about. Like I don't see a hydroxy acid that is 15-30%
I don't know what an SRCP is for instance.
I don't know what MSM is either.

I think you're giving me too many options here and complicating things for me, because I'm new to this stuff.

Question: Is flaxseed powder the same as flaxseed oil, or does it matter?

Do you really think all this can reverse and remodel a hundred pounds of weight loss excess skin?
I will do whatever is necessary to avoid surgery.

What about things like bodywraps, are those useful to add into this?

I plan to increase my exercise to heavier weight lifting.

Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
We don't have strong hydroxy acids but our resellers have them

For flaxseed oil, you need about 1 teaspoon a day. But flaxseeds themselves work well.

Posts: 7065 | Location: Skin Biology | Registered: 15 September 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I've started the first stage. What should I be looking for before I know it's time to move on to stronger acids and coppers?

Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rise:
I've started the first stage. What should I be looking for before I know it's time to move on to stronger acids and coppers?

Dear Rise:

That's great that you've started the first stage!

As Dr. Pickart mentioned in his post above (point #5) - "The process will take six months to a year but you should start seeing an improvement in about 2 months."

Also you may want to bookmark the following links:
Tips on How to Use SRCPs Properly

Things to look for are:
1. Slight improvements in skin texture and tone
2. Improvement in skin color and "glow"
3. Slight improvements in skin elasticity

First use up your existing products completely. When it is time to re-order, speak to us about how to increase your regimen's efficacy with stronger products.

Depending on your individual skin's reaction to the products (along with all the other things you are doing), you may want to add stronger hydroxy acid after 2-3 months.

But everyone is different. You will be able to tell by how quickly your skin is manifesting the rejuvenation.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Rise,
Congratulations on that major weight loss!!
Did you lift weights while you were doing it?
I wondered if adding the muscle from weight lifting would keep your skin tighter while you lost fat.
Do you use a dermaroller at all? I got one and am trying to psyche myself up to take the plunge.
Please share any tips!

Posts: 39 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 04 February 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I wasn't working out much at all while losing it, at least not with weight lifting, just walking.

My weight loss has also be a bit more rapid than the recommended 2 pounds a week.

But I know for a fact that building muscle while you lose does reduce the amount of lose skin.

I bought a dermaroller but haven't used it yet.

I've heard it suggested that bodywraps can help tighten things up if done along the way, but I don't know.

I did read that it could be helpful to take mineral salt baths to encourage general skin health, so I've been doing that.

I've also read massaging the loose skin areas helps by increasing bloodflow there.

One thing I've been doing is trying to improve overall health to ensure maximum skin health. Lots of water, and a diet oriented towards detoxing the body.
I've read that toxics stored in fat can negatively impact your skin health.

I'm hoping to avoid surgery but I am wondering if anyone has ever had *that* dramatic of results from things like SRCPs.

I guess I'll find out, unfortunately with so much skin area to cover I'll probably have to buy a lot of the products.

posted Hide Post
I'm wondering, why the SRCP in the morning and acid at night?
I thought skin rejuvenated itself more at night. Would it then make more sense to take the coppers at night, letting the acid break down stuff during the day?
Or maybe there's a reason to do it that way I don't know of.

posted Hide Post
quote:
2. Start with Trireduction Cream in the morning and or LacSal Cream at night. (You can use either cream in the morning or evening, but this is the order most people use.)

Hi Rise,
I'm new here, too, and know how overwhelming all this information can be, so I thought I'd direct you to Dr. Pickart's suggestion in his earlier post. As he says, this is the order most people use, but it really doesn't affect the results. If it would be easier for you to do it the other way around, do what is best for you. If I"m wrong, Iassume someone will correct me! Best of luck!

Posts: 20 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 21 September 2011Report This Post
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rise:
I'm wondering, why the SRCP in the morning and acid at night?
I thought skin rejuvenated itself more at night. Would it then make more sense to take the coppers at night, letting the acid break down stuff during the day?
Or maybe there's a reason to do it that way I don't know of.

There is no rigid order for product application but more is better. The people who have had good results with this method say that they apply to products to the point of skin irritation, then back off a little.