Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
good numbing cream for derma roller? Login/Join

posted
I am about to do my third roll. Although I've put it off for a while because I'm not looking forward to the pain. Does anybody know any over the counter or in store product i can use to lessen the pain? I can't do it anymore. it's so painful I catch myself biting down on my teeth or even holding my breathe. Is it even stuff to use a numbing agent?

Posts: 46 | Location: indianapolis | Registered: 04 August 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I use a 2% prescription topical lidocaine. They have an EMLA cream at owndoc that contains two different kinds of numbing agents one being 2.5% lidocaine. Probably better then what I use Smiler

Posts: 2118 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 06 February 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Gee 2% lido didn't even touch me. When I got my roller I got a bottle of 15% lido and it helped somewhat..but most of the time I just bear it..no grinning!

Posts: 237 | Location: Nashua NH | Registered: 07 March 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Patrice. There is a topical and injectable lidocaine. The injectable is used to help numb injections (internal).

I was out of the topical once and tried a 5% injectable and to my surprise it didn't help any. Did zero.

I can still feel it with the 2% topical especially around the mouth/nose. Takes the edge off but still some grin and bare it Smiler

If I got nothing available I just go without. I don't know what chemicals are released from the small dermal injuries but I do notice there is some numbing as the roll proceeds. Its like getting into cold pool after awhile I don't really notice much.

Posts: 2118 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 06 February 2010Report This Post
Picture of oskyz
posted Hide Post
Was doing cold turkey, or with a quick ice cube rub, then switched to **4% lidocaine** for my 2nd 1.5 mm dermaroll with some blood,

MAJOR improvement. Made me a bit nervous that I couldn't feel it, but I still healed quickly so didn't over roll.

FInally doing my 3rd 1.5 mm tonight!! Heals so fast now I'll be ready for the holiday parties mid month. Wish me luck!

Posts: 559 | Location: USA | Registered: 20 October 2009Report This Post
Picture of oskyz
posted Hide Post
KimLei,

I read you aren't supposed to use ibuprofen or aspirin when dealing with needles (increases bleeding/bruising) so I do tylenol and melatonin to take of the edge. Soothing music goes a lot way.

Ok, so I don't think I left the lidocaine on long enough tonight on my face and hands, because it hurt a bit more, but was still okay.
My thighs were fine. But my nose and above my lip,ouch. As a result I think I was a complete wimp. Barely any bleeding though I used a 1.5 mm.

For the record I wash off the lidocaine completely before rolling, especially given the surface area that I roll.

Posts: 559 | Location: USA | Registered: 20 October 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello forks,

I've wanted to reply about this thread to share my personal experience in derma rolling. I have
been using derma roller for last 2 years and I've tried many types of derma rollers. In my opinion
best derma rollers have been Dr.Roller & ZGTS Derma Roller without any side effects and the sensation
is always have been right for me. I had tried some cheap derma rollers and found out to my disappointment they are manufactured in china and needles fell off in my first experience.

Dr.Roller is my definite suggestion for skin rejuvenation, scar removal, cellulite, sun damaged skin, and ZGTS titanium derma roller for body and stretch marks.

When it comes to numbing cream. certainly Dr.Numb is the best product on the market as they
specialize in topical anesthetic numbing creams. The shop I usually deal with is mts roller MTSRoller.com
they have packages for derma roller + serums + numbing cream etc. Save10 was the promo code
I used I don't think it is posted on the site as I got it from customer support.

Anyway my 2cents and enjoy derma rolling, it certainly changed my facial complex!

-Sarah

Work hard, Play Hard, Derma Roll Hard =)

Posts: 1 | Location: chicago | Registered: 28 January 2013Report This Post
Picture of Always Learning
posted Hide Post
Hi miss roller,
This site will not ship the roller to my address in C
olorado??

Posts: 38 | Location: Boulder, CO | Registered: 29 July 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
A numbing cream? what size pins are you using? I use the .5 and numbing cream is not necesarry at all.

Posts: 7 | Location: UK | Registered: 23 February 2009Report This Post